F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I seem to remember seeing a power point configuration with the 12v outlet and 2 USB ports instead of the 120 inverter outlet. But, I can not find the part or part number - so now I am wondering if I just imagined it. Too much coffee perhaps?
Anyway, any help. as always is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Double Post

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
You might want to provide a few details or better yet, interior pictures of what truck you have. From 2012 to 2021 ,screw/scab with without console, leaves of lot of options.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might want to provide a few details or better yet, interior pictures of what truck you have. From 2012 to 2021 ,screw/scab with without console, leaves of lot of options.
Sorry, I missed your reply. It is a 2020 Screw STX with a console.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice clean install. Any pictures of the process?
Thank you. I currently have a couple but not of the wiring right now. I can grab some when I get a chance. Instead of cutting off the oem plug and wiring it directly I removed the 12v socket. Then soldered in some extra wire and ran it behind the glove box and used a add a fuse to a fuse that was on with key on and off with key off. I used the ground terminal by the fuse box also. Did all testing with my test light before and after. As this specific socket has a small parasitic draw that I didn't want to ever worry about.
Since I don't have the 120v I used a dremel to remove a little plastic edge to make the weird hold down nut for the socket easier to screw in there. If you want wiring or fuse number let me know.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,977 Posts
My stock 12V power receptacle in that location is always on. I like that. Why did you not want it always on ?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
My stock 12V power receptacle in that location is always on. I like that. Why did you not want it always on ?
He doesn't want to drain his battery. A cigarette lighter won't, but his new USB with LED readout could.

Reactions: STINNETT69 and Tang

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Sorry, I missed your reply. It is a 2020 Screw STX with a console.
So, does Tang's installation solve your issue, or are you talking about the back seat installation in the console?

The Super Duty has all options in the console, so maybe it is a trim level issue on the 150s....

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,977 Posts
He doesn't want to drain his battery. A cigarette lighter won't, but his new USB with LED readout could.
With nothing plugged into it ? Surely not. Not a daily driver. It's nice to be able to charge a phone or LED flashlight with the engine off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
With nothing plugged into it ? Surely not. Not a daily driver. It's nice to be able to charge a phone or LED flashlight with the engine off.
Yes it would because of the parasitic draw. Just wire it to the passenger foot well fuse box from a circuit that is on with the key and off with the key and your all good. Just a little soldering and heat shrink tubing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts