Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: jsm11

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I just need to pick a color. I'm thinking red.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I want one lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ill pass and just do the shorty mod on ours.
Ten minutes and no money and it wont look so ubber ghey as those things.
Remove the antenna. Pull the ball off the end. Cut the antenna down ( I go even with the roof line) grind the tip down so it fits in the hole on the ball as the antennas get fatter as they go to the base and super glue the ball back on it. Repaint it black and stick it on the truck. I have done this to all my mustangs and my other truck no real no in reception noticeable degradation in reception but we live in a large metro area.

Don

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Remove the antenna. Pull the ball off the end. Cut the antenna down ( I go even with the roof line) grind the tip down so it fits in the hole on the ball as the antennas get fatter as they go to the base and super glue the ball back on it. Repaint it black and stick it on the truck. I have done this to all my mustangs and my other truck no real no in reception noticeable degradation in reception but we live in a large metro area.
Don
I'm running a 9" billet aluminum antenna, and I haven't noticed any loss in reception. IMO it looks much better than the factory antenna, but due to my windshield lights I have to find something even shorter. I'd never actually put a lightsaber antenna on my truck. lol

·
Registered
191 Posts

Don
I have to agree with the ubber ghey part. UGLY!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My antenna will kick your antennas @ss

·
Registered
495 Posts
Out of all the antennas, that one is ubber ghey, and I'm not even a star wars fan.
Umm what does a 50 caliber bullet antenna have to do with Star Wars. It's not a light saber its a bullet.
Beats the hell out of a rubber whip or the extra tall stocker.
I prefer to just cut and repaint the stocker to about 12 inches tall. However it's wife's truck and she won't let me cut hers. All our mustangs have cut down stockers IMO they offer the cleanest look
Don.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Umm what does a 50 caliber bullet antenna have to do with Star Wars. It's not a light saber its a bullet.
Beats the hell out of a rubber whip or the extra tall stocker.
I prefer to just cut and repaint the stocker to about 12 inches tall. However it's wife's truck and she won't let me cut hers. All our mustangs have cut down stockers IMO they offer the cleanest look
Don.
Because the original one that Raider posted was a light saber?? and Yes, I know what the picture showed. I chose neither. Just hacked it off 2" below the roof of the truck and painted black.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The stocker has what appears to be a wire curling around it. I assume it won't hurt anything to cut it right?

Probably doing this mod this weekend while the wife isn't looking.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my tall antenna lets me know when I'm about to scrape my roof in low clearance underground parking lots

Sent from my gold64 using Tapatalky
Yeah like in Seattle

Inaugural .net Sponsored NASCAR league winner.

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
The stocker has what appears to be a wire curling around it. I assume it won't hurt anything to cut it right?

Probably doing this mod this weekend while the wife isn't looking.
exactly what I did, be careful when you cut it though...mine started to unravel.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts