F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my camera lens or does the 2011 F150 with built-in backup camera in the tailgate Ford emblem look TERRIBLE when backing at night? It's mildly ok during the daytime but blurry and unusable at night. My truck was purchased used and I can't tell if there are micro scratches on the lens or not. I love it because you can see behind you and the hitch in the same visual but everything is obscured at night, especially around any light (other lights around, license plate lights). Wondering if there's an affordable camera module that I can replace it with, without all of the wiring harnesses and emblem housing, etc. ? I really want something clearer, with a glass lens, but still have that nice wide angle. Thanks for any links and suggestions you can provide!

·
Registered
51 Posts
The camera on my 12 is excellent at night. Crystal clear and bright. Maybe try cleaning the lens with a polish or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Exact same problem with my 14 FX4crew cab. I was thinking that adding some back up add on lights might help. I wish there was a upgrade camera to buy to solve this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts