F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifting the rig soon and looking for something that will not void the warranty and allow me to adjust the computer (not transmission) to the new tire size. I would prefer to stay away from the dealer (super lame here in MD and outsource everything anyways).

Want ability to program to any tire size.
Want ability to change gearing on programmer - I will be upgrading to 4.56 down the line.
Want it to actually work on the ECM (not at the transmission)

Who's reprogrammed for tire size?

Method?

Results?

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Just looking for advice, that thread was stale and had no first hand knowledge.

Your right though, that may be the ticket...
Looks decent...

As far as tire size I just got 33s put on in place of stock 32s, checked speedometer with gps speed app on my phone.....reads exactly 70 at 70....etc etc...
Comes factory with it off a bit, so ppl err on the side of being under the limit

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Ask the dealer to do it, just have them do your alignment and tell them too correct it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Looks decent...

As far as tire size I just got 33s put on in place of stock 32s, checked speedometer with gps speed app on my phone.....reads exactly 70 at 70....etc etc...
Comes factory with it off a bit, so ppl err on the side of being under the limit
Same thing here...replaced my 32" Bridgestones with 33" Toyo's. Dealer said they can't reprogram 20" wheels..duh? It's a shame to spend $400 buck's for basically just a monitor that can adjust for tire diameter increases. I guess my Edge Evolution on my '04 spoiled me!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Same thing here...replaced my 32" Bridgestones with 33" Toyo's. Dealer said they can't reprogram 20" wheels..duh? It's a shame to spend $400 buck's for basically just a monitor that can adjust for tire diameter increases. I guess my Edge Evolution on my '04 spoiled me!
Yeah I could never spend that much for what that is. I checked speedo with an app.....now I know what it reads vs what it actually is....good enough

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah I could never spend that much for what that is. I checked speedo with an app.....now I know what it reads vs what it actually is....good enough
I had a '11 with the 5.0 and 3.55 rear with 33's. GPS and speedo were just about on the money. Same tires on my '13 Eco with 3.31's and it's off...dealer said they can't readjust but I just found a mechanic who can.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I had a '11 with the 5.0 and 3.55 rear with 33's. GPS and speedo were just about on the money. Same tires on my '13 Eco with 3.31's and it's off...dealer said they can't readjust but I just found a mechanic who can.
Mine is exactly on the money now with these 33s.

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I like those...sorry. Meant to quote Ford4Thot.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same truck and I am also looking at the toyo at in 275/65/20. My questions are, did you add a leveling kit? How much road noise from the toyo's and what are you going to do about the speedometer with the larger tires?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts