F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
You don't see/hear much from them on this Forum but I know somebody is monitoring here.....watch the bottom to see who is checked in....fordservice is on quite a bit. Well they maybe logged on but doesn't mean they are actually reading??? Who knows??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to dig up a somewhat older thread - but I'm planning out doing this myself very soon, and I'm considering the CR Perf. manifolds, but the one thing I cannot seem to find a torque value for is the jiffytite connectors. I want to ensure I know exactly what I'm doing before I tear into it (or order parts) but I cannot seem to find the torque for the female fittings that screw into the turbos. Is this something you have readily available?

·
Registered
4 Posts
As an FYI, ford is now offering PROGRAM CODE: 17M05 for 2011-2012 F450/550, which addresses broken manifold bolts and warped manifolds, but is excluding other "F Series" trucks. I opened NHTSA ID Number: 11097615 to try and bring light to the issue. Please feel to open your own complaint. With enough complaints, ford might either expand the above program, or fix the terrible design flaw.

Link to initiate a complaint.
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

·
Registered
968 Posts
For those of you who had to remove broken studs, how did you extract them? What do you do if it's sheared off at the face of the head? Drill and easy out tap?

·
Registered
238 Posts
For those of you who had to remove broken studs, how did you extract them? What do you do if it's sheared off at the face of the
head? Drill and easy out tap?
Drill and easy out or cut a slot for a flat head screw driver with a Dremel. Pb blast the heck out of it before hand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes, this is the post, thanks again for the writeup - going to attempt this weekend and just need to buy all the parts ill possibly need

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
24 Participants
whitie_bear
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing