F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order a corsa db system for my truck and want to do the resonator delete as well. I've found the Ford delete pipe but multiple part numbers. Which one will work for my '13 crew 6.5'?

·
Registered
868 Posts
unless you order a catback specific for the 6.5' bed it should come with the extra length of pipe that will cover the gap created by removing the resonator.
my catback was not a corsa but the pipe came with it to remove the resonator or not.
it is about a 16" length of 3" pipe.

my point being i dont think you need to buy anything extra to delete the resonator with a catback unless the corsa is different than what i have seen !

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure all the "cat-back" systems are actually resonator back.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My SOLO cat back bolts right up to the y-pipe ball and socket joint. No need for FORD's fill in section when buying a aftermarket cat back. Only if your taking resonator off OEM muffler and tail pipe do you need that part.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe the corsa db is a "resonator " back kit. Meaning it will keep the factory resonator unless you order the delete pipe the op is searching for or just go to a muffler shop and have them remove it. OP I don't know the part number but you may can find it in the comments on some of the YouTube vids of that exhaust. They sound wonderful without the resonator!!!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Humm.. Ok. When looking at Corsa DB YouTube videos people specified resonator delete like it's an option. Anyone with a Corsa DB?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi
I have the info you need. I have a 2013 ex cab and I ordered the ford oem pipe 9L3Z-5A212-C from autonation ford. Fits perfect and made of stainless. The corsa system is resonator back and doesn't come with this piece. So I believe I paid 84.00 to the door. I just did it so I am glad I could be of help. In fact when I read this last night I couldn't find my paperwork so I crawled under my truck this morning to get the part number off the piece,lol and I live in the north country and only 20 degrees out.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man! So how do you like the Corsa with the resonator delete? You have the DB system right?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't have the corsa DB but that was my plan but figure I would do the delete first to see how that was. Because after having a bad experience with the 4 inch afe I am nervous of to much noise. The afe was obnoxious. I returned to stock thinking stock is good but res delete is almost perfect for me. Slightly better than stock. Not sure now what to do.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't have the corsa DB but that was my plan but figure I would do the delete first to see how that was. Because after having a bad experience with the 4 inch afe I am nervous of to much noise. The afe was obnoxious. I returned to stock thinking stock is good but res delete is almost perfect for me. Slightly better than stock. Not sure now what to do.

The part number you provided was for the 6.5' bed, correct? And will match up to a cat back if I decide to put one on? I have been thinking about getting a Corsa DB, but wanted to try the reso delete first.

·
Registered
369 Posts
9L3Z-5A212- D 157'' wheel base (6.5' Bed) Super crew. This was the part number I ordered and it was perfect fit, everything matched up perfectly.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Can anyone confirm this part number will fit a 2013 with crew cab and 145" wheel base. I can start a new thread but would like to contain the info. Have been searching the ARPANET and calling Ford to no avail. Please help!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts