F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Much of a Hp increase did y'all get? Trying to build as much HP & torque. I don't card for the sound, as long as I can see people's faces just before I pull away.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I posted a similar thread a few days ago and did research through the Internet... All I got was there is little to no performance gains and a dramatically increased cabin drone when you straight pipe into the muffler.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yea, the resonator is strictly for noise reduction. But, the more flow the better when it comes to performance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the Heartthrob Exhaust and AFE Stage 2 CAI and love the sound. Then i tuned it with SCT livewire it a different truck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Heartthrob Exhaust and AFE Stage 2 CAI and love the sound. Then i tuned it with SCT livewire it a different truck
Did you have any issues with that cat back? My local dealer did away with those because of bad fit ups. They sold them for 450 not installed.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Hearthrob seems to be the most popular catback. You'll see the most gains out of an O/R y-pipe(down pipe) and then hearthrob, but it'll also make the most noise. With these trucks, noise is very easy to get but very hard to make sound good.

I personally would get the O/R y-pipe first if I was going to do exhaust, but you won't pass emissions with it on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The fit was easy. Took about two hours. But am slow due to beer

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
what kind of & how much more noise is it if you just straight pipe the resonator?

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Fitting out the resonator adds cabin drone. I haven't heard anything about exterior noise.

replacing the muffler with a cherry bomb will likely add a ton of sound. Look into the twister resonator.. It provides more flow while not straight piping.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the heartthrob 4" exhaust system did my in the drive way fit like a glove no issues. i would spray paint the muffler black if you Decided to go this route.. starts to look nasty and old under truck.. use some hi temp paint which you can pick up at your local autoparts store.
I'm getting in on the group by here http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...ce/1728-mak-performance-y-pipe-group-buy.html
Adding the y-pipe will give me full exhaust add more HP and make those turbos really whistle.

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
But what do you do with your cat sensors? Doesn't the engine light stay on then?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts