F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all of the various manufacturers ads and horse power claims, I went with a cat back 3" into split duals @ 2 1/2". Eagerly looking forward to a seat of pants boost I was disappointed to say the least. I lost 3 MPH down the 1/8 Mile! Are you supposed to disconnect the Battery after the install to erase any adaptive learning the ECU has previously stored when you make up grades? I looked into the stock exhaust and was surprised to see that although 2 1/2" in diameter, it was a straight through design. I could see straight through the factory resonator and muffler. No baffles, no chambers, no restrictions. If you dropped a ball in, it would fall out the other end. Could I have gotten bigger gains If I went with a 4" single system? Maybe, but I didn't want my truck loud. Had I known what I know now about the straight through design of the factory exhaust, I would have left it. Just my 2 cents. Up next Caltrac bars, cold air intake,

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I am of the same mind that the stock system is more than adequate. Anything else is just for sound unless you are going for broke and upgrading turbos, heads, injectors etc.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Losing 3 mph in the 1/8 sure wasn't from doing some pipes. Better check something else. I've had 3" and 4" exhaust and the truck feels faster with 4" but it's probably in my head. Down the track I haven't seen a huge variance but definitely not a loss in speed.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Magen the fake dual exhaust. Spitting 2.5 into 5"?

iBoost like #9

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Losing 3 mph in the 1/8 sure wasn't from doing some pipes. Better check something else. I've had 3" and 4" exhaust and the truck feels faster with 4" but it's probably in my head. Down the track I haven't seen a huge variance but definitely not a loss in speed.
Yeah there has to be something else. But I have heard you gain top end with a 4" but lose low end torque...

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
& some guy just posted his straight pipe system which sounds dece but who cares. His lift looks AWESOME !

iBoost like #9

·
Registered
475 Posts
Catless downpipes will gain more than any catback system out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts