1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
10,520 Posts
My wife has an explorer with the 2.3 and that thing will boogie! I bet a Ranger with the 2.3 would be nice.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
617 Posts
Not for everyone, that's for sure 😏

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I can't get behind the Ranger. The interior is so cheap. The truck is huge, it is almost as big as a F150 i feel like and finally it is steel.

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
It's a truck!

He didn't go to the dark side or anything like a minivan or SUV.

Besides, if he follows through on his promise to STAY, then we have an in-house reporter with cred!

Afterall, it IS an Ecoboost, no?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
You will absolutely LOVE the ranger. My wife drives her 2020 ranger lariat and that thing moves. Great mpg and very comfortable ride. Took it Offroad a bit and it’s more than capable.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I do like the new ranger, but i wish they would put the 2.7 in it and make a crew cab long bed like the Colorado.

Or if Chevy puts their 2.7T in the Colorado . I would have a hard time saying no to a Colorado ZR2 2.7T 10 speed.

Also, the stock tune gains on the 2.3 with 93 octane are pretty big. I believe TFLTruck had an article about it with the assistance of 5Star.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife has an explorer with the 2.3 and that thing will boogie! I bet a Ranger with the 2.3 would be nice.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
oh it moves pretty darn good. don't really have to push it hard

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You will absolutely LOVE the ranger. My wife drives her 2020 ranger lariat and that thing moves. Great mpg and very comfortable ride. Took it Offroad a bit and it’s more than capable.
what kind of MPG does she get with hers? And i was suprised how well it drove but then again the last ranger i drove was my 2003 4.0

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
I like it!

But it'll never be as eye candy pretty as that sweet looking F150.

I want the Ranger to look like a smaller F150 from the nose. Rather than a truck version of their SUV's

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i will say that the seats in this ranger are by far more comfortable than my F150 seats

·
Registered
369 Posts
She actually averages about 20 but highway is where it shines.
I’ll have to take a look when I get the chance.

BUT the other 75% of the time she loves the pep too much. She’s always telling me how she races other people and it puts a smile on her face. I told her to be careful because it’s VERY addicting.

I absolutely love that magnetic grey. It looks SO good. I wish I had the option. The wife loved the White Platinum tho so we went that route.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She actually averages about 20 but highway is where it shines.
I’ll have to take a look when I get the chance.

BUT the other 75% of the time she loves the pep too much. She’s always telling me how she races other people and it puts a smile on her face. I told her to be careful because it’s VERY addicting.

I absolutely love that magnetic grey. It looks SO good. I wish I had the option. The wife loved the White Platinum tho so we went that route.
its actually black with magnetic accents(grille, bumpers, wheels, fender flares)

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
They still look like a fun truck to tool around in especially with that Boosted 4 Banger!
I've owned 2 of the old school German/Ford V6's.....super capable off road and scooted along pretty well with a 5speed. I bet the Raptor Version would be sick
20191028_124247.jpg
20191028_124048.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
617 Posts
I should have taken a photo of the 2019 Ranger XLT at the campground towing a 25' camper. Seems capable. I towed mine with my 3.slow for 2 summers.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I like it!

But it'll never be as eye candy pretty as that sweet looking F150.

I want the Ranger to look like a smaller F150 from the nose. Rather than a truck version of their SUV's

It looks like the gauge cluster is the same as a Fusion and Edge. Will that help?

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
It looks like the gauge cluster is the same as a Fusion and Edge. Will that help?
Lol

I'm OK with the interior not necessarily being F150 scaled down. I just wish when a Ranger was parked next to an F150 that they looked like brothers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts