F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got done installing Rigid Industries D Series lights on our 2011 Project ecoboost. We did have the carriage works lower billet grille installed, and I like the way it looked, but I really wanted the lights. I am thinking of cutting the grille to fit around the D2 lights. We took a factory tour of Rigid about a month ago (They are in AZ also) and these lights are addicting. Here are some installed pics and some nice shots of the truck once we were done.

IMG_3338_1.jpg IMG_3340_1.jpg IMG_3341_1.jpg IMG_3343_1.jpg IMG_3355_1.jpg IMG_3360_1.jpg IMG_3368_1.jpg

[h=1]Rigid Industries D2 LED Light - Driving[/h]

BTW mine are the "Driving" lights. I dont have time to explain all the rigid industries light options, but we are making a video that may help. Also here is an image that helps.

RIG20211RigidIndustriesWhiteDuallyFloodLights(Pair)F-150004.jpg
RigidIndustriesLightStyles.jpg

·
Registered
327 Posts
These look great, and there is even more room to add more of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very, VERY nice. I think I just found my next weekend project.

Here's a challenge for you that I've been working on.

Fabricate brackets to mount on both sides of the radiator just behind the grille, using existing attachment locations, to which two of the D Series lights can in turn be mounted, one above the other. I picture the lower D2 on each side being the Driving pattern and the top D2 on each side being a Spot pattern, reaching further down-range. All 4 simply hidden behind the grille and shining out through it on both sides of the radiator.

Talk about stealth dark avoidance <grins>

Bill

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think they look great but I worry about blocking the air flow, ford must have a reason why they moved the license plate to the side on the ecoboost.

·
Registered
53 Posts
These lights look amazing. Would be really nice if they made a bolt in one to replace the factory fogs

·
Vendor
1,528 Posts
Where were your mounting points for those grille duallys?
I don't know about lilcrazyone, but the ones on our red truck were just on some metal tabs coming off either side of the radiator supports.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts