F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drive around the Pot Hole ridden streets of Philly all-day, everyday. So far I have bent a factory 22" and the OEM Pirellis are pretty much useless (No sidewall causes curb rash; Light snow....forget it; They suck up every nail and screw from a job site, etc). All of this combined with the fact the bling was as cool as the yellow WRX I had 10 years ago (ie for 10 minutes until I got home from the dealer and had to live with it for the next few years) and the fact the low-pros just look stupid on a big truck, forced me to look elsewhere.

After reading online until my eyes bled and figuring out you can find one guy that wholeheartedly believes that they make a Nitto Tire in the color green and it smells like mint while another guy online says the same tire sucks but can be used on both an F1 car or an '80 IROC, I had to make my own decisions for what works best for me.

I chose a 305/50/20 Nitto Terra Grappler with a 20x9 KMC Rockstar-2 (+30mm offset) in Brushed Aluminum (w Black Spokes). This to me was the best compromise of maintaining somewhat of stock ride while getting a bad-ass appearance (my truck is a black Limited).

They should be mounted Friday and I will post pics. Does anyone else have this set-up or one similar (20x9 w 30mm and a 305 AT) and can they comment? I guess what I want to really know is will it rub?

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts