F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,270 Posts
He stopped long enough to login. :)

A day off every once in a while actually increases productivity. I'm just saying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He stopped long enough to login. :)

A day off every once in a while actually increases productivity. I'm just saying.

Dropped my phone in the sink. Was put out for more time than one could ever imagine in today’s times. Unreal how long that took to get all my info back. Don’t ever forget your Apple ID password and drop your phone in water

·
Registered
68 Posts
Click... click... *drool*
What he said!! Very impressive.

Ryan - I enjoy and sometimes marvel at your post . Thank you for your contributions.

FYI - I understand it is new and Work in Progress but I did look for the metal oil pan upgrade kits but could not find them.

Jim H

·
Premium Member
6,270 Posts
Dropped my phone in the sink. Was put out for more time than one could ever imagine in today’s times. Unreal how long that took to get all my info back. Don’t ever forget your Apple ID password and drop your phone in water
That explains so much. Lol

Just so you know, just like in the Ecoboost realm, there is amazing development in the cellular world. They have cell phones that survive a quick dip in the drink. Especially when outfitted with additional protective shells.

I can't prove the claims are true, but I do believe they're far less vulnerable.

Look for IP68 certification, which means it’s*capable of surviving in up to 1.5 meters of water for around 30 minutes.

·
Vendor
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That explains so much. Lol

Just so you know, just like in the Ecoboost realm, there is amazing development in the cellular world. They have cell phones that survive a quick dip in the drink. Especially when outfitted with additional protective shells.

I can't prove the claims are true, but I do believe they're far less vulnerable.

Look for IP68 certification, which means it’s*capable of surviving in up to 1.5 meters of water for around 30 minutes.

That had been helpful.

·
Premium Member
6,270 Posts
That had been helpful.
If you got a new IPhone, you could upgrade to the new "XS"

It's got an IP67 certification. Not quite as robust as IP68, but would reportedly survive a brief dunk, for sure.

·
Vendor
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you got a new IPhone, you could upgrade to the new "XS"

It's got an IP67 certification. Not quite as robust as IP68, but would reportedly survive a brief dunk, for sure.

Well while epoxying, or actually sanding new concrete for accepting the epoxy, we had to wet and pull the water out. Well my brand new phone met a clean freshly filled 5 gallon bucket of water. I was in shock, it was in the funk about 2 min. Dumped bucket out to get it out, survived miraculously. No cracks in case this time. Are iPhones IP67 or 68? This thing didn’t skip a beat

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well while epoxying, or actually sanding new concrete for accepting the epoxy, we had to wet and pull the water out. Well my brand new phone met a clean freshly filled 5 gallon bucket of water. I was in shock, it was in the funk about 2 min. Dumped bucket out to get it out, survived miraculously. No cracks in case this time. Are iPhones IP67 or 68? This thing didn’t skip a beat
If you're going to keep that up, you need to look at a Sonim XP8. A *real* phone.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Oh man that intake looks awesome! I'll definitely need to look into that when it comes out ? man Ryan you're going to have me looking into new heads and fuel soon if you keep this up!

·
Vendor
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll gladly wait for something functional, lol.
3D prints are fully usable and rapid protyping is what Yates ran in the 24HR DP ecoboost GT. That entire intake manifold was rapid protype 3D printed as well as the valve covers on the engine.

Working on some options now with our engineer who we brought in who designed the ecoboost as one of few engineers on the DP prototype for the GT. We have hired him to bring his unique knowledge and skill set to this design process and other products we will be bringing to the market for the engine side of things. For example the timing chain and phaser situations. These intake manifolds we are working on, with respect to their finished product design, go something like this:

1- billet runners and lower plenum with billet upper plenum and TB

2-billet runners and lower plenum with polished carbon fiber plenum and Billet Throttle body.

3-billet lower plenum and runners with sheet metal (aluminum) upper plenum and billet throttle body

4- fully cast runners/lower, and upper plenum setup for use with dual or single TB.

^^^^For the above: the lower plenum and runners include the trumpets or bell mouths are billet as well. ^^^^^^

All the above are CFD optimized and designed, flow bench validated, engine dyno validated, and sold with options to trailer lower or higher rpm ranges for each customer.

5- BIG DADDY. If you have the ability to wipe with hundo’s and or want to truly set yourself apart from the pack. Fully 3D metal and carbon printed manifold complete. To give an example, ken Blocks new truck uses an intake manifold that is fully 3D printed. This is the option which allows form and function to be 100% optimized for taste of owner and performance with zero compromise because of the personal design choices. Because of the endless possibilities, these are both tailored for absolutely best performance, where you want the rpm, and your personal taste. It’s the Big Daddy.

I will make clear this is the absolute furthest thing from a sexy looking 5000 intake manifold that is designed, actually engineered by an engineer, validated, proven with data, and CFD optimized. It would make $5k look cheap, but we can make it to your flavor while not only giving you the most optimized intake manifold, but tailor it precisely to where you want rpm power at. Fire order, intake runner all the way to the valves are all fit into the design.
Sky is the limit, dream it, and before you know it, we have approvals for it to be made. But the cost is the catch on this option. Won’t even go there because if someone wants it, they will call me to discuss.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts