F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about the Roadmaster Active Suspension? While I was at a RV show Saturday they had one on display. I picked up a brochure and, wondered if anyone here at seen or used. www.activesuspension.com. Let me know what you think about this.

Thanks, Wayne

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have installed one of their kits on my 12 Crew Cab 6.5 ft bed. Was trying to eliminate my wheel hop problem. It did not help, but it did make towing a lot better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello Wayne,

I thought about installing these prior to getting my 5th wheel but opted for Timbrens and Hellwig Pro Series Quiet Ride. I preloaded the Hellwigs 1" and the unloaded ride is pretty much the same and when I hook up the 5th wheel the ride is just as nice and no sag. I installed the Timbrens simply to limit the suspension travel if the need ever arrises. I am pleased with my decision and it took all of an hour to install both.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Musik I'll check out the Timbrens. I need something to stiffen up my ride when the trailer is hooked up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the RAS on a previous truck and just ordered them for my 2013 Eco. They do work, just sometimes needs a little extra tweaking to fine tune.

·
Registered
589 Posts
It seems like a solid set up... But I think I'm leaning towards timbrens for the simplicity of it all...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I need to do something to improve my towing. I've been considering Roadmaster Active Suspension or Helwig helper springs. I'm leaning toward the Roadmaster. I'm also thinking I need to replace my OEM tires with LT's. Any advice would be welcome.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Road master Active Suspension installed on my truck. I have not done any long towing trips with it yet but, it seems to help on the short trips I have tested it on. The unloaded ride might be a bit stiffer than stock. I'm going to stick with my OEM tires for now but, I'm sure I will change to LT's at some point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Wayne. I'd be very interested in hearing what you think after more time with the RAS. What are you towing? I've almost got too much trailer for my truck so I need to do anything I can to make it more stable. I have a 5.5' box Super Crew 4x4 with regular tow package and a TT with a tongue weight pushing the max.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are towing a 27 ft RVision Travel Trailer. Dry weight is 6330#. I am not sure what the tounge weight is. When we get all of stuff loaded up for our two month winter excurison it probably weighs close to 8000#. I've got a couple of 100 mile trips coming up and I will report on how the RAS and the new Andersen hitch work for me. Specs for my truck are in my signature.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wouldn't tow without my RAS, it really makes towing so much easier. So easy that I towed my 26 ft Camper 8 hrs driving with one hand due to a broken wrist.**

** Had no choice and no other way to get back home. I had option of driving our jeep towing 2 ATVs or the F150. It was easier for me to drive the F150 one-handed and wife drove the Jeep. We averaged 60 mph on highway. Wrist broken on ATV accident during camping trip....broken 4 hours away from campsite and another 3 hrs from ER.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
donuts31
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing