F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the family to San Antonio Texas this past weekend for a college visit for my son at Trinity University. The Louisiana speed limit on the interstate is 95% 70mph from where we entered the interstate just west of New Orleans all the way to the Texas state line. I hit the Texas state line with a 19mpg avg. On the way back coming through Texas speed limits were as high as 75mph but did a lot more fluctuating (60-75) than it does in Louisiana. I hit the Louisiana state line with an 18mpg avg. We are a family of four and we packed light. I was surprised that my economy was 18mpg on the Texas side, I thought it would have dropped lower. I very satisfied with the way the truck handled the trip and the fuel economy was IMO decent.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
That explains why we haven't seen you posting for awhile. Welcome back.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That explains why we haven't seen you posting for awhile. Welcome back.
Yeah the trip and I was without Internet and TV while I was having services switched from one provider to another. In the middle of the install a tree fell somewhere and knocked out power to the neighborhood. So that kept me off line for a minute as well.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Well, glad you are back. Your mileage is basically what I recently experienced driving down to the Coast of BC through the mountains 19-19.5 US MPG. Mileage was a little less than I experienced last summer (about .5 mpg) ... not a big difference IMO. However, the truck is strating to loosen up and feel "more alive" ... even though I am still "bone stock".

·
Registered
608 Posts
What's your gear ratio?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Well that sucks.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Nice mileage. Since doing catless pipes my mileage went from 19 highway to 17s. If I go 60 it's over 20. 80 mph is 14.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I drove recently 1200 miles on 65% highway (70 - 75 MPH) and the reminder in city/rural roads. My average is 19.6 hand calculated and 20.1 on truck computer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
it cold and deep into winter here so on the hwy i see 15/16 going to work and trafic , but in the summer i see 20/24 depending on the drive , and i only have 15 000 km on it , she is still new and i feel brake in is over so this up coming summer should be intersting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts