F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My only comment about purchasing a F150 EB is "DON'T DO IT" if you are getting anything larger than a 2 wheel drive single cab. I have a 2011 4X4 crew cab and It has been the most disappointing truck I have ever had.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm sorry you are not a happy customer but there is no need to discorage every other potential owner out there. My truck puts more power to the rear wheels than my friends 5.7 tundra and gets better mpg doing it. My other buddy has a 2500 dodge with a hemi and he says my truck tows his 5000 lb boat better than the 2500 dodge and gets 2mpg better doing it. Not to mention it gets +3mpg better city and +6-7mpg highway.

If your truck is not performing like you think it should then you should take it up with your dealer. From what I can tell for every un satisfied customer ther are 50 satisifed customers. My truck exceeds mpg ratings on the highway as long as you keep it under 65mph and whenever I am a little disappointed with the city mileage I simply roll my foot into the gas pedal and a big smile rolls across my face!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Roadking,

Its to bad you don't like your EcoBeast! What specific reasons are you so disappointed?

SPPD

·
Registered
131 Posts
My only comment about purchasing a F150 EB is "DON'T DO IT" if you are getting anything larger than a 2 wheel drive single cab. I have a 2011 4X4 crew cab and It has been the most disappointing truck I have ever had.
That is a very bold comment without any reasoning behind it.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I traded in my Tundra quad cab limited 4x4for a brand new 2012 ecoboost XLT crew cab 4x4 and absolutely love it. Odometer just turned 2000 miles and I have put exactly 90 gallons of gas in this puppy...I mean beast. Over 20 mpg. No only that, plenty of room for my family of 4 plus 3 dogs!
i don't tow anything so this is just a fun family truck for me. Can't wait to load it up with mulch!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've driven about every truck out there, and I have yet to find anything even close to the Ecoboost in performance. Oh wait...the jet-powered truck that comes to Friday drag night has a little more power (but it can't drive itself home). Would love to know WHAT you don't like about your truck. Maybe you're just a Chevy guy...they have to sell something to someone I suppose.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Happy with mine. Pulls like crazy while giving good mileage. What's not to like about that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
roadking, let's hear some specific's. It's easy to disparage without a description.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't leave us hanging tell us what is so disappointing about the truck.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I can't encourage enough folks how great my EcoBoost has been. Most often I let them do a back to back test drive of my rig vs there own and they always exit my EcoBoost shaking their heads and smiling especially when towing or 0-60 launches!
Tells what your issue is with not recommending the truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts