F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 F150 XLT 4X4 Crew Cab is the most disappointing truck I have ever owned. The gas mileage, 16 to 17, and the general performance is, in my opinion, very low by any measure. I had a 2008 Chevy Silverado V-8 and it out performed this EB in every way. Performance was good and gas mileage was 18.5 to 19.5 combined driving. Of course, I don't want a Chevy because they sold their soul to the government and that really rubs me the wrong way. Dodge? --- wellll maybe.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dude you are smoking some wacky stuff! I guarantee My fx4 EB will smoke the competition in EVERY WAY! I have proved it over and over again. From my buddys with there hemi"s and Tundra"s in a straight drag, To strangers when pulling my 8,000lb toy hauler over the mountains. Maybe you have a dud. 1 thing I will give you is the fuel milage isn't what they say but I also have a 373 rear gear super crew 4x4 with a 6 1/2' box. Not the single cab 2wd short box that they probably got there #'s from. For me though it's a small price to pay when I leave the competition in the dust. and I still get good milage ,about the same as your old GM.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Maybe you do have a bad ride bc there is no way a stock 5.3l V8 or even the 6.2l V8 (both gm twins and Ford) has smoked my stock EcoBoost empty or towing. I have proved it time and time again against my buddies equally outfitted rides. I will give you the GM 5.3 does get better mpg empty but I'm running 3.73 gears and understood the trade off. But when towing 8,000lbs my buddies 5.3 struggles and screams up the passes and the EcoBoost fined 4th or 5th and keeps building speed not to mention gets 2-3mpg better. Sorry to hear yours is not running the way it should and is the one in the million which every brand and make has... Recommend seeing the dealership for diagnose and hopefully they find out what's holding it back... Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
860 Posts
You might want to look into getting a one of the aftermarket tuners. Will make a world of difference if your unhappy with the current performance/fuel economy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's crazy...something must be wrong. Take it back to Ford to check it out. My EB is hands-down the most power truck I've even had (or driven). I just ordered a Livernois tuner which should really make it scream.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have heard of this if the truck goes into maintenance mode when the computer senses something wrong. Might want to take it to the dealer and maybe even drive another to see if it feels the same to you.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
That mileage doesn't sound that bad. And this truck has sooooo much power. Something is definitely wrong if you don't like the performance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Livernois hey. I'm looking at the SCT X3 from unleashed,seems to be proven power with there custom tunes. Can you tell me more about the Livernois? I'm going to pull the trigger on one soon but want to make sure it's reliable and a good tune. Please let me know what you know. The more info the better...thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I absolutely recommend the Livernois tune. It's like driving a different vehicle after you install the tune. Intake and boost will be more noisy, but I love the noise.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry to hear your troubles - I have a 2013 with tow max and even on the interstate it gets 18 mpg at 75. Wind makes a lot of difference with this truck (imagine that). I have gotten as low as 16.5 when going into a 30 mph head wind. Around town I am getting about 15.5 - when I can keep my foot out of it!:rolleyes: I agree with other folks here - there has to be something wrong with the truck.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Your foot also makes a big difference. If I keep the rpms at 2k before shifts I get the best mileage so far. Problem I have noticed is that without even looking I've revved it up to 3-4k with just a little extra gas pedal pressure. Seems to affect my mileage 1-2 mpg based on my records of every tank fill up.

I have a 13 scab 4x4 for reference-
Lowest mileage towing trailer around town and city driving 15.5
Best mileage 22 against a headwind at 65
Average city/highway in my daily drive here in austin 16.5-17.5

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
My last truck was an 06 Silvy with the 4.8L, I had a hot 93 octane tune, but it was still a turd. My buddy had an 09 F-150 with the 4.6, and he would kill me every time we lined up. No matter if it was from a dig or a 60mph roll. That silverado was such a turd that I got beat by a 4Runner when I tried to get in front of him before lanes our merged. The only thing that truck did well was blow cold air.

Anyway, my 06 versus my 13 FX4, not even in the same galaxy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
scap99
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing