F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install a Rockford Fosgate P300-10 under the jump seat in the rear. I'm getting the speaker level input from the rear doors. I'm getting the 12VDC power from the engine compartment. Ground from a rear bolt.

Where in the heck do you get the keyed 12VDC for remote on?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm going to install a Rockford Fosgate P300-10 under the jump seat in the rear. I'm getting the speaker level input from the rear doors. I'm getting the 12VDC power from the engine compartment. Ground from a rear bolt.

You can find it behind the radio, or in the trailer brake plug above you feet under the dash. Most newer amps can also sense input signal for turn on which you may want to look into.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

What radio do you have? If you have no sub, you're doing it right. If you have the factory sony sub, you're doing it wrong because you want the dedicated sub channel out of the amp. If you already bought the P300-10, you can grab rem. sense from the radio power, lighter, or any other terminal that's powered on ignition. Otherwise, personally, I'd get the amp and sub separate, in which case pick an amp with sensing.

Going to give you a +1 on the Shiner too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KC311 - Definitely Texan. Never thought I'd leave the state but a job called. I cried the day I realized my TX DL # was going to be replaced by an AZ number. Sad. I've only gotten back twice in three years for a wedding and a funeral. For the funeral in DFW, I landed at Love, ate Chuy's for lunch, Cousin's BBQ for dinner, Fuzzy's for b-fast, DQueen for lunch, Cousins for dinner, and stopped into Chuy's before opening to get some creamy jalapeno & fresca to bring home. The manager had the cooks whip up migas. For a funeral, I had a great weekend. Wife is in Dallas for work and I begged her to bring home a XMas present of Chuy's.

Well, I do have the P300-10 coming and it does have a remote sense from the inline rear speaker tap. I've never heard of it before so I was skeptical. All in all, running power from the front and tapping into the rear speakers was relatively painless. All I have to do when the sub gets here is land the wires and install the fuse.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can find it behind the radio, or in the trailer brake plug above you feet under the dash. Most newer amps can also sense input signal for turn on which you may want to look into.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Plasman - Turns out the Rockford Fosgate is a no-go. Online place tried a bait/switch. Picking up an amp that will need the remote on. Sounds like the trailer brake plug location is easier than getting behind the radio. Which harness is it and which wire?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Grab a multimeter or a test light, and dig into the fuse box. That, would be your best bet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, question. I had an Alpine amp that I got from Craigslist and a MB Quart 10". I used #41 and had everything powering up nicely. I tapped the rear door speakers in the door and ran speaker wire to the amps speaker level inputs. With everything hooked up, the sub was very low muffled and would only occasionally give a nice thump. The thump was on the beat of the song, but not consistent. I thought something was wrong with the amp and scrapped the plan.

I went and bought a Kicker Hideaway with the intent of putting it behind the rear passenger side seat. All hooked up and it's doing the same thing as the Alpine/Quart.

So, the question is do I have a +/- swapped on one side to be causing this to cancel out? I know it's a quick solution but I've now buttoned everything up and packed the truck for the trip. Won't have a chance to mechanically check this until Thursday. Until then ponder and ask questions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used both rear speaker feeds to get the balance input for one sub. I tied into the wires from the head unit with the adapter then rca back to the amp. Power from the engine area. Ground on the back wall near amp mounting. Remote power i tied into a wire from the ignition cluster.(key on amp on) I would have to look when I get home or have time to look under the dash. Ill try and get the list of stuff I used. all together I spent about $479 but already had the amp and adapter for the rca from speaker wire.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Need more details. Know which amp you have?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I couldn't stand it. I couldn't get to the amp so I took off the door panel on the pass side and cut the tied in wires. Instantly better sound. Swapped the wires and now have very clean bass. I still need to fine tune later, but the remote gain is nice to have in this situation. The Kicker Hideaway is pretty amazing considering its size and the fact that it's thin enough to live behind the rear seat completely out of the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts