F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a guy that lives close to me that threw a rod threw his block about 2 months ago.. He beat the **** out of the truck for 43 thousand miles and it couldn't hold up to it.. Only mods that i know of were afe stage 2 intake,3 inch magnaflow cat back, and a super chips programmer, Ford said they wouldn't cover it because of the intake and programmer. He is fighting it right now but he already put a new motor out if a 2012.. But i don't think they are gonna do anything for him because they saw him pull the truck at local fairs. Thought i would share that with everyone.

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
49 Posts
Probably shitty tuning causing detonation that he wasn't aware of.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep and the guy keeps saying it is the trucks fault... I just have to shake my head because he had mommy and daddy buy it for him and then blew it up.. Then they bought him another motor for it. But i made out because i got two pretty much brand new fab four bumpers out of the deal so I'm happy

·
Registered
143 Posts
he modifies the truck, pulls it at local contests, and expects ford to say - "That's ok, we understand - and give him a new motor" I think the warranty says "against all normal" driving conditions?" I don't think that is normal do you?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he modifies the truck, pulls it at local contests, and expects ford to say - "That's ok, we understand - and give him a new motor" I think the warranty says "against all normal" driving conditions?" I don't think that is normal do you?:rolleyes:
Exactly.. But i made out in the whole deal getting great deals on some parts :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
ecrous0
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing