F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting some input. I have a crownline boat that probably weights 6200 lbs with trailer. Do you guys think the 2028 2.7 liter EcoBoost with gear ratio of 3.55 and 10 speed transmission would tow it no problem? We don't tow it but twice a year. Thanks for your input and God Bless

·
Registered
332 Posts
You got your hands on a 2028 f150?! Pics please.

In seriousness, yes. Boats tow rmuch easier vs TT or utility trailers, due to their aerodynamics.
Make sure to watch the weight of people, coolers, and toys though. What's the tow rating of your particular truck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got your hands on a 2028 f150?! Pics please.

In seriousness, yes. Boats tow rmuch easier vs TT or utility trailers, due to their aerodynamics.
Make sure to watch the weight of people, coolers, and toys though. What's the tow rating of your particular truck?
Oops. Fat thumbs. I bet the 2028 F150's are gonna be sweat though. I believe the tow rating is 8,000-8500 lbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Close, it's a 22.5 ft open bow. I've always had a chevy and just traded my 2500 HD in for my 2018 F150. The 2.7 EcoBoost seems like it should have enough to tow it. Just scared it's a V6. Not sure if that fear is warranted or not. I think it'll be fine. The whole V6 thing is just playing with my head.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The 2.7 should be fine. It’s built properly to work hard.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Close, it's a 22.5 ft open bow. I've always had a chevy and just traded my 2500 HD in for my 2018 F150. The 2.7 EcoBoost seems like it should have enough to tow it. Just scared it's a V6. Not sure if that fear is warranted or not. I think it'll be fine. The whole V6 thing is just playing with my head.
I've towed 12k with my 3.5 SCrew, 3.31 gears, it's rated for 9,100. Yours will be fine.

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts
Depending on which one you select, absolutely.

I tow a travel trailer that is 5700 dry, and 6500-7000 packed out, depending on the time of year. My 2.7 is a 6 speed, 3.55 with a 7600 tow rating. Yours will only do better, and boats are vastly easier to tow than travel trailers.
Screenshot_20200311-152112.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
You must have either a reg cab or super cab model. The super crew doesn't show any rating!
Mine included... when I check the 2019 towing guide it shows my truck as 7600lb's. Weird.

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts
Are you talking to me? I have a crew cab. The charts accommodate crew cabs also.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are you talking to me? I have a crew cab. The charts accommodate crew cabs also.

No, I wasn't. The 2018 chart does not show towing weight for a 2.7 with 3.55 gears in a crew cab 2 wheel drive. My truck isn't listed in my owners manual either. I looked at the 2019 chart, and it now shows 7600 lb's.

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts
I have seen incomplete charts in different places from time to time. I'm sure one of those is probably what you've seen. I don't really know what the deal is with those. The ones I've seen look like the towing guide, just without all of the options.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, the 2018 chart from Ford is missing my setup. The silly owners manual is too. Oh well, I'm still gonna tow.;)

·
Administrator
10,457 Posts

If asked you can whip out the owner's manual and say your truck has an unrestricted tow capability!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts