F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I’m stumped. About 6 months ago I started hearing and feeling a rotational clunk under my feet while driving my 2018 lariat. The noise comes and goes with not much consistency other then I haven’t heard it over about 50 MPH. Turning doesn’t make it go away, sometimes changing to 4H will get it to go away for a few seconds but then it’s right back to it. I have noticed recently that it doesn’t seem to make noise under considerable acceleration. My first thought was the drive line was hitting on something. (The truck was a 2.5 inch level) after looking under there I found no signs of rubbing. So My next best idea was a CV. went ahead and replaced that still no change. Though it could be the IWE going bad so I tested the vacuum, everything seemed normal. So finally went to the drive line. I pulled the front drive line and truck was as quiet as could be. As soon as I put it back in the noise came back within 25 miles. So replaced the drive line thinking that was the issue. Well after just putting the brand new drive line from ford in truck starts making the same clunk after about 25 miles. At this point I think the only things left to check down there is the hub, transfer case, or the front diff. Hoping for some guidance the noise is driving me nuts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts