F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the Rough Country level kit for the F-150 eb yet? If so, what size of tire can you put on it with 18" rims?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I haven't read much on the Rough Country level kit, but with most other level kits (+2") you can run up to a 35" tires. How much is that kit going for?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Not bad price at all. Let me know if you end up doing it. I'm still on the fence about what way to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah, id be curious to see how that rides..... that seems awfully cheap, too good to be true?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd agree with STdan, you should be able to clear 35" tires without a problem. My concern with this kit is that your sandwiching a piece of hard rubber between two steel surfaces and I’d be concerned of wear/breakdown over time. For the same price (or even cheaper) you can get steel strut spacers you'll never have to worry about... Just my $.01 :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Attempted to install the Rough Country 2.5" front leveling kit this weekend and after 6-hours into it, backed out and gave up. Just a variety of issues with the instructions and lack of instructions. It says a 29mm socket for the lower shock bolt, but is actually a 30mm. It makes it sound like you can just bolt on the top 2.5" spacer, and throw it back together... Well, not so easy. The lower A-arm will not drop far enough down to fit the strut/shock/spacer back in. After nearly pulling the axle-shaft out of the transmission, to get enough clearance, it wasn't even close.

So, I gave up, and put it all back together without the lift. Next step will be to get a spring compressor, and attempt it again.
If anyone else has put one of these 2.5" spacers on, please let me know what the trick is, to fitting it back in!
Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I as well tried the rough country leveling kit. I liked the product but after several hours of trying to get the spring back in with the spacer I had to return to stock. After talking to them the fx4 is almost impossible to do without a compression tool. You can't get the arm low enough. Ended up sending them back and going to Moab Offroad. Happy with the results just not as cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Look into the Hell Bent Steel leveling kit. 89.99 when I bought it. Never had an issue. You do have to flip the shock for install.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Attempted to install the Rough Country 2.5" front leveling kit this weekend and after 6-hours into it, backed out and gave up. Just a variety of issues with the instructions and lack of instructions. It says a 29mm socket for the lower shock bolt, but is actually a 30mm. It makes it sound like you can just bolt on the top 2.5" spacer, and throw it back together... Well, not so easy. The lower A-arm will not drop far enough down to fit the strut/shock/spacer back in. After nearly pulling the axle-shaft out of the transmission, to get enough clearance, it wasn't even close.

So, I gave up, and put it all back together without the lift. Next step will be to get a spring compressor, and attempt it again.
If anyone else has put one of these 2.5" spacers on, please let me know what the trick is, to fitting it back in!
Thanks.
I as well tried the rough country leveling kit. I liked the product but after several hours of trying to get the spring back in with the spacer I had to return to stock. After talking to them the fx4 is almost impossible to do without a compression tool. You can't get the arm low enough. Ended up sending them back and going to Moab Offroad. Happy with the results just not as cheap.
Look into the Hell Bent Steel leveling kit. 89.99 when I bought it. Never had an issue. You do have to flip the shock for install.
Did anyone actually install?? Had the same fuckin issues!!! Did not install! not sure why on rough countrys website the install looks like a breeze. it was a night mare. any help would be great!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Did anyone actually install?? Had the same fuckin issues!!! Did not install! not sure why on rough countrys website the install looks like a breeze. it was a night mare. any help would be great!
When I did mine I had to get a spring compressor for one side to even get the strut out then again to put it back but the other side feel right out and slid right back into place

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed the kit in my truck, in just over an hour, process was easy, me and two buddie had it apart in no time, also did the rear blocks and shocks, love the kit, ride quality is the same as stock, and it looks amazing, came out better than I thought!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I installed the kit in my truck, in just over an hour, process was easy, me and two buddie had it apart in no time, also did the rear blocks and shocks, love the kit, ride quality is the same as stock, and it looks amazing, came out better than I thought!
I love how not all trucks are created equal.... bull **** i tell u!

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Here's what y'all gotta do. I learned the hardest but never gave up!!

Use a pry bar on the a arm and pull down while using a 4-5' 2x4 just under the shock and pry up! You need to compress the spring and shock by about 3/8"-1/2" in order to get it to pop in.

The older trucks 04-08 had cast a arms not stamped pockets so they just slipped in and out with ease.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did a 2.5 on my 08 and had to use a prybar to get it in.

I have a 2013 and will be doing a 2 inch level sometimes soon, I just need to get my ass outside and stop messing around with other projects

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did a 2" Daystar on my 2013 FX4 and had to pry it into place. I almost gave up but I didn't want to spend $460 for someone else to do it.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Random bump for boosted

Black Sheep of the Family

Reactions: Boosted Limited
1 - 20 of 23 Posts