F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

One of the questions we get asked many times at RPG is if our suspension will allow you to tow a trailer. *There’s really no simple answer given that each customers situation will be different. *Generally, there are a few things to keep in mind when considering if you can safely tow a trailer. *When upgrading to a high performance progressive racing leaf spring like our National Springs, the suspension will be initially *SOFTER, and will progressively ramp up as you compress it more. As a result, you will typically alter the payload capacity when compared to the stock configuration. *So depending on if you own an F-150 or a Raptor and depending on what you are planning to tow, you may or may not be able to do so with our standard kits.

So what do you do when you want the performance of a racing suspension for every day driving and offroading, but you want to also keep the towing capability of your truck? *The answer lies within a longer version of the Fox air bump we offer with the Stage 1-4 kits. *Our standard air bumps are 2.5 inches and perform amazingly well for their intended purpose. *But when towing duty calls, the solution is a 4 inch Fox air bump.

We have previously demonstrated how adding the 4 inch air bumps can increase the payload capacity on a Ford Raptor, if you haven’t seen that, here’s the clip from our YouTube channel:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
On my fleet of F150's I use the Timbren Load Boosters along with the Monroe Max Load shocks (Coil Over Style). This keeps the empty ride about 90% stock. And loaded and towing much better.

I towed my wifes IH Scout about 500 miles last year on my car trailer. The only limits seemed to be my under powered 5.4. But handled like a dream. Looking forward to doing it this summer with my Ecoboost!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm towing a Mobile Kitchen with about 5500lb - 6000lb on tongue & total weight of trailer under 10k. I have no issue pulling it. I am concerned with the load on my tongue. I would like to know what is the best way to elevate my tongue 1-2 inches? I still have factory installed shocks on my 2011 F150 Supercrew EcoBoost 4/2. I've had trucks since 2012 Feb. total miles 15K with towing of 6k. I also, have a sway bar setup that also helps distribute some weight, but not enough. Can anyone assist me with ideas what I should do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
5-6k lbs of tongue weight??? I think you may be mistaken on that figure. I don't know of any bumper pull trailer hitches that are rated for that kind on tongue weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
FrankEtier
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing