F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, what do you all use on the Window trim because my rubber wnidow trim is holding deep water spots, and sometimes looks as if its fading pretty bad my truck is also brand new. A few guys told me Lemon Pledge will do wonders on it, and I hate armor all so thats a no no.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have the same issue with mine, didnt want to use armor all either .im thinkin this could be a problem for most, ill wait before i use the pledge though

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I hate Armor All, and I have family in Auto Body that also Dispise it 100% haha, it ruins things, but yea the Lemon Pledge I've looked around and it keeps the rubber nice and moist and a bit shiny from what I understand, The 303 Protectant is something I heard was also good because it has the UV protection which the Lemon Pledge obviously doesnt haha.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good question, mine does this also. And I use my truck for work and run it on oil patch dirt roads, it always looks dirty no matter how much I wash it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea im trying to take care of the window trim since its so easily seen and pretty much will standout if its all grey and faded. I think I will buy some Lemon pledge and 303 Protectant to see if they will help with the Fade.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use mothers protectant seems to do a nice job, not sticky or greasy doesn't attract dirt stays nice and black with a little shine :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use mothers protectant seems to do a nice job, not sticky or greasy doesn't attract dirt stays nice and black with a little shine :)
How long have you been using it? Does it last a while when u do it, I heard mothers is good too!!

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought my ecoboost 2 weeks ago and I noticed the faded rubber around the windows. Thanks for the advice on a good product. Are you guys using this on the dash/mirrors/armrests as well?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For the dash I bought a cleaner I think mothers, not sure when I get home ill let you know, but yea I bought a dash cleaner, and as for mirrors I have a tint so I bought some 3m Window cleaner if that's what u mean.

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

1 - 14 of 14 Posts