F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
New here I have a 2016 F150 Sport. Decided to go bigger and put some 2.5” level on some Fuel Renegade rims wrapped in Iron Man 35s. Got done trimming as much as I could. Took it for a drive and it is rubbing on a part that I can not identify. It some sort of plastic cap.
Can someone please give me some insight on what this part is? Can I remove it or alter it in any way? Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,225 Posts
Wow. Hard to believe someone would cut their truck up like that. Do you cross a swamp and skidder roads on the way to town and back ?
Yes I am being sarcastic.
Maybe shoulda lifted more instead or done better research ?
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Can you get a better picture? Like from directly below and in front of the plastic piece.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Don't quote me, but I think if you are going with 35s you should be removing the crash bars that come on the supercrew. Regular cabs and supercabs don't have them, but they were added to the supercrew to meet crash test requirements.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Crash bars looked to cut all ready. Need a better picture...I'll try to look at my truck today and see what it is. I'm in the same boat wanting to go with 35's also on my next tire.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,225 Posts
Is 35” some magic number akin to mudtire nirvana ? Something I’m not understanding about “GOT TO HAVE 35” NOW” ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I literally just dealt with this. You did the right thing removing that area of fender as its a good 1/4" thick and proud..if you off road it probably would've ripped it off eventually.

As far as the plastic piece, I just let it rub. It only does so during full lock + compression events. Since it's very firmly mounted and plastic im doubtful it would ever do damage to the tire.

Edit: Also, again if you off road, I suggest you remove the final section of the rear bars. I cut my first, but ended up still rubbing so pulled em.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Is 35” some magic number akin to mudtire nirvana ? Something I’m not understanding about “GOT TO HAVE 35” NOW” ?
Because these trucks look goofy even on 33’s.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Offset plays a part too. Raptor wheels are a small shift from stock.

OP didn't mention the wheel size/offset, but if those are 20" -18offset Renegages, its a big part of the rubbing factor.
Yeah my point was not that the OP should have been able to fit his specific setup, just confirming that "35's are the new 33's" in that even Ford is making enough room on their stock 2021 trucks to run a 35 without issue. A 35 on raptor wheels would probably be a very tight squeeze on a 12th gen and maybe some minor trimming. And from what I understand, requires a bit of surgery on a 13th gen due to the crash bars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts