F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a fan of the OEM running boards on my 2015. They hold dirt, scratch if you look at them wrong and I do not find them enhancing the truck. Now, I need something there, because of the three boys being short, and the wife ... well short as well. :D

I have seen a couple of brands that appear to have good reviews but wanted to see if anyone on here has personal experience with them. No one I know has these, course most of them drive commuter cars so trucks are not there thing.

Tyger Auto TG-AM2F0138 - currently not available.

iArmor Off-Road 6.5" Side Armor

I have seen the Westin, etc .. but they are expensive! For reference, I shredded on my boards on my 04 Sierra out in MOAB while we 'off roading'. Very grateful they were there, cause it would be been body/cab work instead of just replacing a running board.

So has anyone had personal experience with either one of these brands?

Thanks!
Anthony

·
Administrator
7,814 Posts
I don't think those iArmor ones could stick out any further from the cab.

IMHO, they are both ugly. I have not had any issues with my stock running boards on my 2018 nor did I have any issues with the stock ones on my 2013. If I was to change them out I would be going with the Raptor running boards or the AMP research running boards (not that my opinion matters to you)

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
What do you want sliders or running boards.

Sliders are welded/bolted to the frame.

Running boards/ steps will crumple the second anything touches them especially those aluminum ones.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those Iboards do stick out ... but I like the look. They are aluminum, which is a major con, but I am not rock crawling in the truck, just off roaring here and there.

The OEM trap dirt and mud like the mud/dirt is magnetized and the running boards are giant magnets! After a couple of hours in the field, they are carrying more debris then my tires have on them. My Sierra did. It have that issue ... but it was an old tube style board.

So the aminquestion is, anyone know these brands? I am finding them for sale but I don’t know their reputation. Is it a quality product or junk?

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
For under $300 most will be Chinese made. The rampage steps I put on mine looked good for 2 years. Now the salt is taking a toll on the thin tubing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For under $300 most will be Chinese made. The rampage steps I put on mine looked good for 2 years. Now the salt is taking a toll on the thin tubing.
I have seen some of the Rampage on trucks out in California ... even without the snow you get, they are rusting in a couple of years. They do look nice though.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If price isn't an issue (but sounds it might be) these are nice and go down low for easy stepping in and out with a wide and deep step then go up high and out of the way.

https://www.electricstep.com/AMP-Research/pc/Ford-F150-Super-Crew-Plug-N-Play-2009-2014-22p417.htm
Price is ALWAYS an issue ... I have a wife who tolerates a car hobby, not loves it. =)

I have seen the power ones, and am still considering them, kinda. I do not think they are really my style, plus if I damage one of those, they are expensive. I have seen some nice Ioics, N-fab etc ... I just had not heard of the Iboard or the Tyger before, yet I can find website that rank them high ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts