F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
The turbo cooling lines need to be moved to the beginning of the circuit. Better radiator helps, but the water pump is too anemic to make good use out of it. The flow through the system should be increased to utilize the aftermarket radiators better. Probe your stocker already! I need some data.
I just ordered a new lower housing. The OEM unit is like $90+ depending on where you buy, just for the dumb little piece that the radiator hose attaches to. Turns out Dorman and a bunch of other 3rd party MFG's make them and they are only like $28.

Anyways, I think I will drill/tap the Dorman unit and leave the OE one pristine.

Reactions: DNA Dan

·
Registered
4,701 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts

Drill and tap tomorrow.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
932 Posts
What he said.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Didnt get around to it today since im working on my 4Runner. That is almost wrapped up so Ill drill and tap this tomorrow.

Problem is, I remembered that I used my temp sensor to plug the 1/8 NPT hole in the side of my trans pan. The pan didnt come with the plug in the box so I was scrambling to find something to plug it so I could get my truck back on the road.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts

Now i just need to get the motivation to retrieve the sensor from my transmission pan and drain the coolant, again.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Do it!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,701 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Filling the transmission and getting the level right is so annoying though.
If I was capable, I'd be in your garage fetching you wrenches, opening the fluid containers and handing them to you, cleaning the funnel,....... even reimbursing you the selfless R&D co$ts.

However, I can't. So encouragement is all I got.

Get back under there. Lol

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
If I was capable, I'd be in your garage fetching you wrenches, opening the fluid containers and handing them to you, cleaning the funnel,....... even reimbursing you the selfless R&D co$ts.

However, I can't. So encouragement is all I got.

Get back under there. Lol

Ugh, the plug isnt even high on the pan. Thats probably 10 quarts sitting above it

I was hoping i could put the truck on ramps to angle it back and only lose a little fluid.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
OK. I give.

Order another fitting. That's an unnecessary mess.

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts

Ugh, the plug isnt even high on the pan. Thats probably 10 quarts sitting above it

I was hoping i could put the truck on ramps to angle it back and only lose a little fluid.
You could actually swap out pretty quick with not much fluid loss, but not sure I would bother. I would get another sensor, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 screw 157” 4x4 max tow 3:73, 7700, tuned by 5*
118 Posts

Which trans pan is that? It’s huge!

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
And awesome too.

Gen1 guys still have some great aftermarket advantages

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
AFE. Picked it up NIB on here with fluid and filters for a good price. The way it holds the filter in place made me a little nervous, but other than that its pretty nice.

They claim it makes a difference in temps. I never noticed other than it might take a little longer to get up to temp. It does ad significantly more capacity, but I really just wanted it for the drain plug :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Does the temp of oil in pan read different than the factory guage?
Its not hooked to anything. I literally used it to plug the hole in the pan because the pan didnt come with a 1/8 NPT plug and I didnt have anything else lying around.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Its not hooked to anything. I literally used it to plug the hole in the pan because the pan didnt come with a 1/8 NPT plug and I didnt have anything else lying around.
And thus the current dilemma

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
472 Posts
Have we come to a consensus on which tranny cooler upgrade is the best, or at least the best suited for us? Seems like I've seen the Saudi cooler, expedition cooler, and iirc one other option that I can't recall. Maybe it was just those two. Or are they about equal?

Also would I be able to use it with my Wagner?
View attachment 167459

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
I run the mishi cooler on my 17 3.5 over here in AZ with record July Temps and only see 195 to 205° when towing around 6k to lake and back, I believe it would work with the Wagner since its close to the same height but much longer. Not sure what year truck you have but this cooler can be flipped so connection points are on top.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

121 - 139 of 139 Posts