F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone, I check the web for this mod for late F150 models and I can't find it anywhere. It's call the "Bambi mod" and they used to do it with older F150 models but for some reason, I couldn't find anyone with a late F150 that have this mod.
I'm running Rigid Industries D2 as foglights with the original wiring and switch. I want to be able to light them when my highbeams are one. Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Alright everyone, I check the web for this mod for late F150 models and I can't find it anywhere. It's call the "Bambi mod" and they used to do it with older F150 models but for some reason, I couldn't find anyone with a late F150 that have this mod.
I'm running Rigid Industries D2 as foglights with the original wiring and switch. I want to be able to light them when my highbeams are one. Anyone have an idea?
Look up the Innova Brite Box. They create wiring harnesses specific to the vehicle and can probably set you up with exactly what you want. The only other way to do it would be to check out you wiring harness and wire the relay different - or remove it from the loop all together.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
My only question is - why -? If you want brighter 3 feet in front of you, would some piaas or HID conversion do the trick? Fog lights from what I've read, use a lot of volts on your system, so wouldn't they burn up the alternator when used with high beams or if I get this straight, fog lights on ALL the time?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
My only question is - why -? If you want brighter 3 feet in front of you, would some piaas or HID conversion do the trick? Fog lights from what I've read, use a lot of volts on your system, so wouldn't they burn up the alternator when used with high beams or if I get this straight, fog lights on ALL the time?
He replaced his fogs with D2 LED's...

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
well then, now I must google D2s. Sounds like another mod to investigate

·
Registered
5,416 Posts

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Thank you. Put piaa extreme whites in today