F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what your thought's are about rustproofing . I have a fx4 getting built and have read both pro's and con's on rustproofing. The dealer was even pushing an elect (cathodic protection device ) ya hook up to the battery to combat rust. I did see a truck with the rear wheel well plastic fender liners that looked slick!!! Interested in what new owner's are doing if anything with there new rides. From mi with salty winters Thanks all

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have the electronic rust protector on my truck. I have had it on my last four trucks. It sure seems to work for me. I'm in Michigan too.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wow! I grew up on a Island where Ocean Salt takes a toll on the vehicles and Never heard of the Electronic Rust Protector. Wyane- What is the concept behind it and what do they normal cost?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I was told that that concept is the same as what is used on bridges to keep them from rusting. An electrical charge is pulsed throughout the vehicle. The first one I had was called a "Rust Evader". It was installed on my 91 Ranger I transfered it to my 98 F-150 and then to my 04 F-350. None of these vehicle showed any rust. After 21 years the main lead wire broke off, just before I traded the F-350 in on the Eco Boost. I can't remember the cost or the brand of the one on the Eco Boost but, I will look up the paper work and let you know. Rust Evader quit selling in the USA because of a squabble with the Government over warranty wording. I think Rust Evader still has a website and it expalins the concept much better I can.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wyane- that is awesome stuff! Thanks... I will start looking for some products and get it ordered and sent back home for the vehicles on the the island what a major help this would be!

·
Registered
589 Posts
We use similar technology on interstate pipelines to combat corrosion...
Well I think I am a believe without even seeing it in action. Thanks for the assist and info guys! I all ready pinged the Ford Dealership back home on the island (Good family friends) about the product and they are reasearching it to install on their vehicles heading off the lot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
AK-KingBoost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing