F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ladies and gents I finally told myself the time is now! This thread is probably somewhat overdue, I figured it’s time to make my very own rather than clogging up others with my build. Mine is a 2019 157” WB 3.5 in glorious Magnetic metallic gray. It’s got the Black Appearance Package with the satin black 20’s, and the stripe decals down the sides and tailgate. I was unsure about that look when I bought it but it grew on me very quickly. Anyway I never thought a forum build thread would be justifiable for me as I never saw myself as someone who would do enough modding to make it worth while. Well needless to say that mentality flew out the window just over a year and many dollars ago 😆 I’ve accomplished a good bit of what I set out to do in that time but there’s still a good bit more to come. Here’s where I’m at thus far.

Performance:
Roush CAI
Rough Country cat back (soon to be replaced)
Mishimoto Intercooler
BBK Throttle Body 67mm
NGauge w/ 5 Star tunes—93 perf-91perf/tow-AO

Appearance/Functionality:
Turbosmart SS BOV

Raptor style grille
Morimoto Lighting—Heads Tails and Fogs
Elephant Ears
Auto Vent Shades
Front window tint
EcoBeast replacement F150 emblems
.308 Bullet Antenna
Tailgate Decal Matte Black
Camo F150 tailgate inlay
Fender Flares complimented by 2” wheel spacers
Raptor Steering Wheel w/ custom paddle shifter wiring harness
OEM Rubber Floor Mats
F150 LED’s interior ambient kit
Carhartt Custom Fit seat covers in camo
Voodonala interior trim overlays (still a work in progress)
And I believe that covers what’s been done to date. Currently on order and arriving in the next 1-2 weeks I have:

Ford Performance sill plates and engine cover
AFE red air scoop (just trying to dress it up under the hood)
Mishimoto polished metal hot&cold side piping
AMS inlet tubes
AWE cat back dual rear exit

Wishlist:
Catted downpipes and adaptors
Painted Ram Air hood with heat extractors
Additional set of wheels and tires for spring/summer/fall use
Recon 3rd brake light smoked
Mishimoto Radiator & Oil Cooler
Gauge cluster upgrade
Illuminated rear Ford badge

Glad that’s all out of the way, my apologies for the length of the initial post. Feels good to have everything laid out in my own thread, I’m not out to make big waves, I just hope you guys enjoy the content. I’ll slap up some pics taken along the way.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

There he sits on the dealer lot, ah how far we’ve come 🥰

First few mods done almost right away, relocating the license plate, tint and vent shades, flares and spacers and tinting the oem lights

Elephant ears came early on as well, and honestly, still one of my favorites to date.

Morimoto tails came first, I had a bit of sticker shock the first time I saw the price of the headlights. Had to put those off for a bit.

It’s the little things that really add that personal touch, and truly make it feel like your own.

The first time I really dove into it, I was a little nervous 😅

Grille and headlights arrived on the same day, and what a day it was. Overall look really started taking shape at this point.

Reactions: BC 2014

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

His first trip to the 4x4 beach in the Outer Banks

Finally Morimoto fogs to round out the lighting, they were an Xmas gift.

I just love the light show he puts on at night

Another of my favorites for sure, the wheel is great because it’s one of those mods you see and feel every time you get in.

And of course the most recent addition, really ties the look of the tailgate together IMO

·
Modinstrator
3,181 Posts
Thinking that antenna looks a lot like a .50BMG as opposed to a .308 or at least an .06 proportionally wise.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinking that antenna looks a lot like a .50BMG as opposed to a .308.
😆 So funny you say that because that’s what everyone says! But believe it or not I had the very same conversation with a guy on a job site one day and he unscrewed his .50 cal and held it up to this one and there was a pretty substantial difference.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
487 Posts
Sw
Well ladies and gents I finally told myself the time is now! This thread is probably somewhat overdue, I figured it’s time to make my very own rather than clogging up others with my build. Mine is a 2019 157” WB 3.5 in glorious Magnetic metallic gray. It’s got the Black Appearance Package with the satin black 20’s, and the stripe decals down the sides and tailgate. I was unsure about that look when I bought it but it grew on me very quickly. Anyway I never thought a forum build thread would be justifiable for me as I never saw myself as someone who would do enough modding to make it worth while. Well needless to say that mentality flew out the window just over a year and many dollars ago 😆 I’ve accomplished a good bit of what I set out to do in that time but there’s still a good bit more to come. Here’s where I’m at thus far.

Performance:
Roush CAI
Rough Country cat back (soon to be replaced)
Mishimoto Intercooler
BBK Throttle Body 67mm
NGauge w/ 5 Star tunes—93 perf-91perf/tow-AO

Appearance/Functionality:
Turbosmart SS BOV

Raptor style grille
Morimoto Lighting—Heads Tails and Fogs
Elephant Ears
Auto Vent Shades
Front window tint
EcoBeast replacement F150 emblems
.308 Bullet Antenna
Tailgate Decal Matte Black
Camo F150 tailgate inlay
Fender Flares complimented by 2” wheel spacers
Raptor Steering Wheel w/ custom paddle shifter wiring harness
OEM Rubber Floor Mats
F150 LED’s interior ambient kit
Carhartt Custom Fit seat covers in camo
Voodonala interior trim overlays (still a work in progress)
And I believe that covers what’s been done to date. Currently on order and arriving in the next 1-2 weeks I have:

Ford Performance sill plates and engine cover
AFE red air scoop (just trying to dress it up under the hood)
Mishimoto polished metal hot&cold side piping
AMS inlet tubes
AWE cat back dual rear exit

Wishlist:
Catted downpipes and adaptors
Painted Ram Air hood with heat extractors
Additional set of wheels and tires for spring/summer/fall use
Recon 3rd brake light smoked
Mishimoto Radiator & Oil Cooler
Gauge cluster upgrade
Illuminated rear Ford badge

Glad that’s all out of the way, my apologies for the length of the initial post. Feels good to have everything laid out in my own thread, I’m not out to make big waves, I just hope you guys enjoy the content. I’ll slap up some pics taken along the way.
Sweet dude! I love your build. You’ve done a lot more than I have. But I’m getting there. What exhaust are you replacing that rough country with?

Reactions: RyEcoBeast

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sw

Sweet dude! I love your build. You’ve done a lot more than I have. But I’m getting there. What exhaust are you replacing that rough country with?
Much appreciated, this last year has been quite a wild ride as I’ve never modded a vehicle to this extent before. Based on what I’ve seen you’re well on your way, all in due time my friend. I’m swapping it out with an AWE, and I do this with a heavy heart because I really do love the sound of this exhaust, it’s got a great tone IMO and never raspy. But because I was so set on a split rear exit, which this kit was not, I had to source my own parts to do it and I hate where the pipes landed out the back and there’s not much I can do about it. Additionally the turn pieces I used are cheap and not mandrel bent which does not help in the flow department. I really like the quality of the AWE and especially the fact that the entire kit is 304 SS whereas the RC is 409 and already showing some nastiness from our glorious NJ climate.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
487 Posts
Much appreciated, this last year has been quite a wild ride as I’ve never modded a vehicle to this extent before. Based on what I’ve seen you’re well on your way, all in due time my friend. I’m swapping it out with an AWE, and I do this with a heavy heart because I really do love the sound of this exhaust, it’s got a great tone IMO and never raspy. But because I was so set on a split rear exit, which this kit was not, I had to source my own parts to do it and I hate where the pipes landed out the back and there’s not much I can do about it. Additionally the turn pieces I used are cheap and not mandrel bent which does not help in the flow department. I really like the quality of the AWE and especially the fact that the entire kit is 304 SS whereas the RC is 409 and already showing some nastiness from our glorious NJ climate.
Yeah, I’ve got a lot on my list, but it’s like half the size that it was when I started. Oh sweet. That was the exhaust I was tossed up between, that and the Corsa. But, I just like the Corsa sound better, and I kinda like the side exits better myself. I got ya. I wouldn’t like that either. I’ve been there. I did a custom resonator delete for a while before I got what I have now, and it was just with crap from Oreillys.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Taking advantage of my last day in quarantine to get it washed up and gave the interior some overdue love.

Also failed to mention I had some emblem overlays and black lug nuts coming in. They showed up so I slapped those on. Really changed the look. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
476 Posts
What are your thoughts on the headlights after you smoked them? Are they still plenty bright enough? I blacked out my grill so my headlights stick out like a sore thumb.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These were waiting on the porch when I pulled in, slapped them in before going inside 😆. Im starting to feel like a broken record but I’m really digging them, adds character that pops as soon as you open the door.

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What are your thoughts on the headlights after you smoked them? Are they still plenty bright enough? I blacked out my grill so my headlights stick out like a sore thumb.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I couldn’t say for sure if you are using factory halogens, I smoked them after putting in LED replacements that were very bright, so much that they easily overpowered the tint at night. That worked perfectly for me, I could’ve comfortably gone darker with the tint.

Reactions: ITTOG

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
About time Man........ Looks great.... Nice vision

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
About time Man........ Looks great.... Nice vision
Much appreciated, I know I was slow on the draw with this one. Thing is I see a lot of these builds and it’s easy to get intimidated, seeing these guys running built motors and crazy turbos and what not, than in my head I feel like if I did my own thread it would be a joke in comparison. But I’m glad I did it.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Much appreciated, I know I was slow on the draw with this one. Thing is I see a lot of these builds and it’s easy to get intimidated, seeing these guys running built motors and crazy turbos and what not, than in my head I feel like if I did my own thread it would be a joke in comparison. But I’m glad I did it.
Same here, I figured its my own pride and ride, so why not..... I would love to show case a built motor, but the best I will do is what I already have and some turbo upgrades....... in the future that is

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These puppies came today. Will try to exercise restraint and wait to install them until the intercooler piping comes in.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Same here, I figured its my own pride and ride, so why not..... I would love to show case a built motor, but the best I will do is what I already have and some turbo upgrades....... in the future that is
Well said. My own pride and ride, I like that! 😆 I’m gonna have to start using that one.

Reactions: TOWMA8R
1 - 20 of 53 Posts