·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
464 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well I’m somewhat bothered, I was thrilled when I got home to find the pipe kit had arrived which was a surprise because I never even got a tracking number from Mishimoto, only to open everything up and find that I’m missing one of the hot side pipes. I was looking forward to the install tomorrow but it’ll have to wait.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Well I’m somewhat bothered, I was thrilled when I got home to find the pipe kit had arrived which was a surprise because I never even got a tracking number from Mishimoto, only to open everything up and find that I’m missing one of the hot side pipes. I was looking forward to the install tomorrow but it’ll have to wait.
View attachment 171980
It’s always disappointing when you’re missing a part. Hopefully they’ll get one out to you quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
464 Posts
Aw that sucks. I’ve had that happen to me too, SPD never sent me tracking for my downpipe or my thermostat. Oh well. That sucks you’re missing a pipe though, I know how that feels.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It’s always disappointing when you’re missing a part. Hopefully they’ll get one out to you quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that was definitely a bummer, but hey, it’s Friday, and there are certainly worse things in the world. And the more I think about it, I’m most likely going to proceed with installing the inlet tubes and the parts of the Mishi kit that I have, and just leave the one hot side piping alone until I get the missing piece. Although I do plenty of wrenching at work, I really do thoroughly enjoy wrenching on the truck in my spare time, it’s like my therapy.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Well 4 hours, 8 beers and 10,000 hose clamps later, it’s done (minus one hot side). I love the look of the polished Mishi pipes, can’t wait to get the other hot side finished. The engine cover really helps to dress things up under the hood as well.

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Well 4 hours, 8 beers and 10,000 hose clamps later, it’s done (minus one hot side). I love the look of the polished Mishi pipes, can’t wait to get the other hot side finished. The engine cover really helps to dress things up under the hood as well.
View attachment 171995 View attachment 171996 View attachment 171997
View attachment 171998 View attachment 171999
They look so nice....you are such a bad influence....... at least thaat is what I am going to tell the wife when the pipes arrive to my house that I am going to order now........ and CARB approved.... I will be ordering the powder coated black ones..... See what you have done !!

Reactions: RyEcoBeast

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Quick question, difficulty.... learn anything to pass along... tips tricks or don't do's!

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Quick question, difficulty.... learn anything to pass along... tips tricks or don't do's!
Agreed both those kits were well worth the money, and yes I’m your friendly neighborhood bad influence! 😆 Honestly I was surprised, the AMS tubes were way more of a pain to install, you wouldn’t think it but they were. The Mishi kit is very straightforward I didn’t even watch the install video I just went by the printed diagram they send that lays everything out in order. Not much in the way of tips and tricks just be careful when wrestling the old out and the new in, if you have an impact wrench make sure you have a nice long extension and a good 10mm socket, if you have an impact drill I highly recommend grabbing a socket adapter it’ll save you a lot of time, and take the front wheels off when reconnecting to the turbos, makes life 100x easier. Also, full disclosure, I didn’t plan on airing the oopsie I made on the forum but I have no shame, they supply you with quality heavy duty worm gear clamps for a reason, TIGHTEN the daylights out of those things, don’t be bashful. I learned this the hard way after the install when I went for a drive and on the way home merging on the highway at 21 psi I blew the new charge pipe coupler (which you can see in one of the pictures) right off the throttle body. None of those clamps were loose, but needless to say after that I went back in and re-tightened each and every one just about as tight as I could. Also because there are so many, just be mindful of how you orient each of the clamps, put them on in a good location where you can easily get your ratchet/drill on.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Only problem is they don’t make them for the 2.7
Any idea why?
I really haven’t had a good look under the hood of a 2.7, but there’s a fair to good chance they can be persuaded to fit. Look into it, maybe someone has done it and posted a video.

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
464 Posts
I really haven’t had a good look under the hood of a 2.7, but there’s a fair to good chance they can be persuaded to fit. Look into it, maybe someone has done it and posted a video.
I did a little research earlier, seems that some guys were trying to make it fit in their 2011-14 3.5s, but I haven’t seen anyone fit them into a 2016 2.7.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I did a little research earlier, seems that some guys were trying to make it fit in their 2011-14 3.5s, but I haven’t seen anyone fit them into a 2016 2.7.
Did a little sleuthing and found this. Seems they will fit.

In the part 1 video I just watched, he mentions he did have to modify them to make them fit. When you watch it try leaving a comment asking what he did, he seems pretty good about responding.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Did a little sleuthing and found this. Seems they will fit.

In the part 1 video I just watched, he mentions he did have to modify them to make them fit. When you watch it try leaving a comment asking what he did, he seems pretty good about responding.
Sweet, I’ll check it out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Tune revisions ordered from 5 Star on Monday, really hoping I get them by Friday. Also finally decided it’s time to get my feet wet with this FORscan stuff, ordered an adaptor and should be making my first changes by Friday.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Recon 3rd brake light went on today. It belongs in its price point for sure, high quality. I think the weather tight seal is better than the OEM one. It’s really not accurate to say it’s “smoked” this things got limo tint, it’s black. Shocking how much light comes through at night. Anyway, it’s almost Friday boys and girls were so close. Cheers

·
Registered
464 Posts
Recon 3rd brake light went on today. It belongs in its price point for sure, high quality. I think the weather tight seal is better than the OEM one. It’s really not accurate to say it’s “smoked” this things got limo tint, it’s black. Shocking how much light comes through at night. Anyway, it’s almost Friday boys and girls were so close. Cheers
View attachment 172046 View attachment 172047 View attachment 172048
Wow, looks awesome. Man you got a lot of tools in there, what do you do for work if you don’t mind my asking.

Reactions: RyEcoBeast

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Wow, looks awesome. Man you got a lot of tools in there, what do you do for work if you don’t mind my asking.
Yeah don't mind my mess, im an HVAC mechanic. Today was what we call a throw and go day. Unfortunately now that we're getting into change out season the bed will more or less look that way until the fall. :LOL:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts