F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
464 Posts
Yeah don't mind my mess, im an HVAC mechanic. Today was what we call a throw and go day. Unfortunately now that we're getting into change out season the bed will more or less look that way until the fall. :LOL:
Oh, cool! I know the HVAC guys in my area. I work with an electrician, we wire houses, do small commercial stuff, and service calls. I literally have hand tools, and a bunch of Milwaukee stuff, but a lot of the time I just use my boss’ tools. Anyway, don’t want to crowd your build thread.
I like the stickers on the back window, I’m debating if I should put my pile of stickers on there or not. I got SPD stickers on the doors haha

Reactions: RyEcoBeast

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Oh, cool! I know the HVAC guys in my area. I work with an electrician, we wire houses, do small commercial stuff, and service calls. I literally have hand tools, and a bunch of Milwaukee stuff, but a lot of the time I just use my boss’ tools. Anyway, don’t want to crowd your build thread.
I like the stickers on the back window, I’m debating if I should put my pile of stickers on there or not. I got SPD stickers on the doors haha
No worries, hey that’s great if you like it stick with it. It’s an honest living, and trades need young blood like us really bad. As far as the stickers go I know folks like to call them “power adding stickers” but it’s not like that, I just have pride in the brands I’ve chosen to put in my truck as each one of them were decisions not made lightly and because it’s quality stuff, a lot of homework went into those choices and I’m happy to do a little free advertising for them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
No worries, hey that’s great if you like it stick with it. It’s an honest living, and trades need young blood like us really bad. As far as the stickers go I know folks like to call them “power adding stickers” but it’s not like that, I just have pride in the brands I’ve chosen to put in my truck as each one of them were decisions not made lightly and because it’s quality stuff, a lot of homework went into those choices and I’m happy to do a little free advertising for them.
Yeah. The trades are really important. Yeah, I’m the same way as you. I like the brands I chose, guess I’ll have to get my stickers on there.

Reactions: ndtguy

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Mishimoto finally got my missing part sent out friday, luckily they overnighted it so it showed up yesterday. Not sure whats up with the packing department over there but they sent me not only the piece I was missing but in the box was also 3 other pipes for the kit that I already had. Anyway i'll get that last hot pipe on today and start my FORScan journey. Planning on starting with the easy stuff, bambi mode, auto turn signal set to 5 blinks, global windows and enable navigation use while moving. Should be an interesting day.

Reactions: boostkingMatt

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Got the pipe kit buttoned up and fully complete at long last, glad to have that done. Still waiting on the updated tunes from 5 Star they told me 3-5 business days last Monday. But I’m a patient guy I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait til tomorrow after work to call if I don’t have them by than.

Also started messing around with FORScan, this software is really neat I should’ve started doing this years ago.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

It’s the simple things in life that make me happy.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Always exciting

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
New tunes finally came in yesterday, had a good chance to try out the 93 perf on my way in this morning, big shout out to all the boys at 5 Star for doing a great job as always, even when they’re super slammed. Tune is great, all the numbers are looking good. Today is my last day on than I’m off through May 9, we pack up the truck tonight and leave tomorrow morning for OBX, can’t wait to hit that 4x4 beach.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Enjoy the trip........... lets see some pics and videos on the beach

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I really just love it here. Every time we leave I count the days until we go back.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Well it’s always tough to say goodbye but good to be home at the same time. We rolled in yesterday afternoon. Fantastic trip as always, OBX never disappoints. This truck never disappoints either, I averaged 21-23 MPG for both the ride down and back on my 93perf tune nonetheless. The truck computer was fairly close but as per my calculations I averaged 22MPG. Thanks to my very worn tires it did better than it ever has on the 4x4 beach, that thing skated over the sand like a 2 door wrangler :LOL:. We even had some of the best weather we’ve ever had, which made for some great sunrises. Plenty of wild mustangs around although I didn’t take my pictures. Anyway lots to do today than back to the old grind tomorrow. Cheers.

Even a nice sunset in the mix

Oh, and this little guy

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Well it’s always tough to say goodbye but good to be home at the same time. We rolled in yesterday afternoon. Fantastic trip as always, OBX never disappoints. This truck never disappoints either, I averaged 21-23 MPG for both the ride down and back on my 93perf tune nonetheless. The truck computer was fairly close but as per my calculations I averaged 22MPG. Thanks to my very worn tires it did better than it ever has on the 4x4 beach, that thing skated over the sand like a 2 door wrangler :LOL:. We even had some of the best weather we’ve ever had, which made for some great sunrises. Plenty of wild mustangs around although I didn’t take my pictures. Anyway lots to do today than back to the old grind tomorrow. Cheers.
View attachment 172277 View attachment 172278
Even a nice sunset in the mix
View attachment 172279
Oh, and this little guy
View attachment 172280 View attachment 172281 View attachment 172282 View attachment 172283 View attachment 172284
Welcome back safely........ Looks amazing!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts