F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR S&B STORE ----->>>>>> Store

I had a 2004 F250 6.0L SuperDuty and installed an S&B Ram Air Intake as well as Intake elbow. LOVED IT!!!!!

I traded in my truck for a 2013 F-150 with EcoBoost. The S&B Intake for my truck comes available on MAY 31st and wanna do research to see which setup gives me the best HP and MPG. For now, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas as S&B is in the final test stages on this Intake.:cool::p

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CORRECTION!!! I just went to the page and yesterday it said it releases 31MAY... WELL, Now it says JUNE 2013. Anyone reccommend a Ram Air that impresses?

·
Vendor
897 Posts
I call S&B on this all the time. I really like their product line. They say they are still working on making the intake. I think it sounds like most guys go with the Airaid or the aFe Stage 2 intake. I went with both, and we did some testing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing!!!! I'd love to see the results of the K&N as well If anyone has one?!??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here's the SPECS on K&N for 2012 F150. Not too bad but only gets 11 more HP compared to Air Raid's 14 from the video above. =]

·
Registered
189 Posts
I installed an S&B conical on my 99 Ranger 4mo.0L and it improved low-end and fuel mileage a lot. I am looking forward to your experience. From what I've seen so far with CAIs, I'll save my money. The LMS tune, Full-Race exhaust and Wagner IC give me most of what I can get for towing anyway.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE:

SBFilters.com shows release date of .... November 2013... Still in the tooling stage.

However,

Check out Stage3motorsports.com... I bought mine on pre-order for 289.99!!

Stoked to open the box and put it on.... If I get home from my deployment BEFORE it arrives.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I have a friend with an s&b intake for a 7.3 powerstroke and he loves it. Interested to see what they can do for the Eco

·
Registered
339 Posts
S&B makes some quality stuff. I am holding off ordering an intake (I will not say cold air intake because that is a joke) until S&B comes out with theirs. I am leaning to the Airaide but not until S&B has put theirs on the market. Either way I will ONLY order from Stage 3.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trying to get a discount?????? me too. STAGE 3 iz zee BESTTTTTTTT
I have found cool parts on stage3motorsports and found the same one cheaper on AutoAnything.com. however, they do price matching AND military discount!!! AutoAnything doesn't have a military discount...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have found cool parts on stage3motorsports and found the same one cheaper on AutoAnything.com. however, they do price matching AND military discount!!! AutoAnything doesn't have a military discount...
I have delt with autoanything in the past. If you have an issue, I can tell you from experience you will NOT get the support I have found at Stage 3. To me that is worth the small extra in price. I guess you would call it consumer piece of mind. :)

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have delt with autoanything in the past. If you have an issue, I can tell you from experience you will NOT get the support I have found at Stage 3. To me that is worth the small extra in price. I guess you would call it consumer piece of mind. :)
Aka: Ruskin's Law.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I loved my S&B on my '08 6.4 Super Duty. Customer service is outstanding with S&B also! I'm going to wait until they are release and not get in a rush and buy the AFE or Airraid (not saying anything bad - no experience with either)

Stage3: that CTS tuner you have require any mods to the stock exhaust? Coming from the diesels, all tunes required a DPF delete, etc. Just asking before I jump into anything.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I loved my S&B on my '08 6.4 Super Duty. Customer service is outstanding with S&B also! I'm going to wait until they are release and not get in a rush and buy the AFE or Airraid (not saying anything bad - no experience with either)

Stage3: that CTS tuner you have require any mods to the stock exhaust? Coming from the diesels, all tunes required a DPF delete, etc. Just asking before I jump into anything.
You're good to go, tune away, and add bolt ons later as the budget/time allows...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well almost a year later and I finally got my S&B intake installed yesterday (from Stage 3) I don't notice a bit of difference even in the sound. The 5 star tuner should arrive today, hopefully the tuner and the intake team up well together and I really notice a difference this afternoon...

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Well almost a year later and I finally got my S&B intake installed yesterday (from Stage 3) I don't notice a bit of difference even in the sound. The 5 star tuner should arrive today, hopefully the tuner and the intake team up well together and I really notice a difference this afternoon...
The SB is very quiet. I never noticed a difference until I tuned my truck, but even then it's pretty quiet. I never ran stock intake with a tune so it could be that the noise increase would have been there with the stock intake as well.

Check out the *Official* NASCAR thread!
http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7010

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
9 Participants
2Canches
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing