1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
available today from what I heard!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting in on something like that.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
What's so great about the S&B? And how much? Real question.

Reactions: Ecofx86

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Would consider going in on group buy, depending on price

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Count me in!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Wow, that's sad to hear. With as many reviews and rants I see about that intake it started to seem like that was all people bought for these trucks.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
I was almost sold on AFE CAI until I saw what S&B had to offer. They also have no problem comparing their products to their competitors openly which proves their confidence in what they design.

Reactions: Lowes48

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
If you guys read the many, MANY posts on CAI's in general on this forum, you will find a common theme.....they don't really do a whole lot as a stand alone mod. If you also read the dyno sheets from the various manufacturer's of CAI's, (K&N, AFE, AIRAID, S&B, et al) you will find the HP and Torque gains almost identical no matter what the tube looks like or how long it is, one filter or two, etc., etc. .... They're all tested on bone-stock trucks, and that's all they will do....which isn't a whole lot.

The trick in making a good air filter for ANY I.C. engine, is getting the correct balance of adequate airflow AND filtration. Don't buy in to anyone's "this one flows more than that one" rhetoric....they all flow more than an adequate volume of air for these engines, even with tunes and other mods. If it was only about max flow, just put some chicken wire on the end of a piece of PVC and run it straight to your TB....:rolleyes:

Quite frankly, they're all tested and designed to do the best they can do....but it ain't rocket science.....it's about selling parts to guys like us that will buy them! :cool: ..... if you want one, buy the one that you like that has the best fit and finish for your personal taste.....just make sure the filter(S) is top notch.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: Grim Reaper
1 - 20 of 336 Posts