F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
i had an S&B intake on my last truck and it breathed very well , they should do well on the Ecoboosts
a nice dyno graph of the S&B would be awesome because many of us have seen the AFE and AirRaid charts !

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had an S&B intake on my last truck and it breathed very well , they should do well on the Ecoboosts
a nice dyno graph of the S&B would be awesome because many of us have seen the AFE and AirRaid charts !
I will order one up and get it dyno'd very soon!
I know Rodney has one on his truck (Boosted Limited)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, guys just so you know S&B's policy towards pricing. Nobody can purchase below $299 shipped, if they do and S&B finds out about it that vendor loses their ability to sell the products. You can't do the old PM me for better pricing game, it's not MAP pricing but actually what the customer paid. Either direct or via distributor, the distributor themselves could lose their license if it happens too much.
Any type of packaging is also against their rules unless you make the package over $498 and the items included can't be below fair market value (appraised by S&B).
I was told they love to remove vendors as authorized resellers so I can't give you a break!
I am ordering my intake today for my truck and will be doing a dyno of it but to be honest intakes thrive on dynos, it's hood closed on the track where it matters (I'll try and do that as well).

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
BTW, guys just so you know S&B's policy towards pricing. Nobody can purchase below $299 shipped, if they do and S&B finds out about it that vendor loses their ability to sell the products. You can't do the old PM me for better pricing game, it's not MAP pricing but actually what the customer paid. Either direct or via distributor, the distributor themselves could lose their license if it happens too much.
Any type of packaging is also against their rules unless you make the package over $498 and the items included can't be below fair market value (appraised by S&B).
I was told they love to remove vendors as authorized resellers so I can't give you a break!
I am ordering my intake today for my truck and will be doing a dyno of it but to be honest intakes thrive on dynos, it's hood closed on the track where it matters (I'll try and do that as well).
Run it with the lid on, as most of us will do.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know, I can check tomorrow for you.
Just to make sure can you throw up a picture of what you need?

·
Registered
185 Posts
So far I'm impressed with the S&B. As much as you can be impressed with an intake that is. lol Sounds good, but not obnoxious. Flow has to be better and if you have to take the intake out Its SUPER easy now.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'd like to see a dyno with and without the lid just to see if it actually makes a difference.

Reactions: chrisrennison21

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Is that the snorkel?

It's the Thuggish Ruggish Bone

Fired from the other forum... thrice

·
Registered
78 Posts
i know performance gains are minimal but has any one dyno tested an s and b yet?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
i know performance gains are minimal but has any one dyno tested an s and b yet?
S&B did. They all end up close to the same. I doubt you're gonna find anyone other than the CAI makers spending money on dyno time just for testing that one small mod before and after.

Using lots of smilies because Kylie loves them :)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
If the cai has a lid, it's loosing some power. I believe open lip cai are breathing better. How much difference, I would say about a tenth in the quarter.

sent from The Truth seeker

1 - 20 of 56 Posts