F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debated whether or not to skip this step and not let the world know my truck is a salvaged title by only posting pics when it was done. The only way I was going to be able to afford an Ecoboost and mods was to buy a salvaged. I hope it turns out and hope I didn't make a colossal mistake. I'll post a few pics of how she started out at the online auction and then post as she gets fixed up and dressed up. I'd rather not say how much I paid for it but let's just say I'll be doing a few less mods (meth for one) than planned. Fixing it has been a lost more costly than planned.
WARNING: The before pics are graphic and not for the faint of heart. Be kind.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Good luck!

Certified Internet Warrior. I once ctrl alt del'd a man to death.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Nice dude. I bet you end up with a nice ride that you love.

·
Registered
777 Posts
It mostly just needs a paint job! Lol
Being a retired collision technician, I wish you luck. I don't generally do re-builders myself, because by the time it is all said and done you have about the same amount spent as you could have bought used. And to top it off, they are usually branded with a salvage title, which means you are married to it, or will take a financial hit when you unload it.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I personally wouldn't try one with front end damage, but a bent frame and doing the rear end has proved very fruitful for my family friend that does 1-2 trucks over the winter. Sells one then drives the other for a year and ditches it when the new project is complete. People in the area know he does awesome work and buy them NP. A random will run far far away from a rebuild though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there a longer wait known to man than waiting for your first Ecoboost? I submit that there is not.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I missed it I apologize. What's the extent of the damage, hood, fender, bumper, grill? any frame damage?
Mostly cosmetic that you can see in the pictures, with the exception of the front drivers wheel that needed both control arms. Hood is toast, fender is toast, bumper should be okay, grill is toast. Doesn't look like any frame damage. Both doors and bedside toast.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
My '86 c10 was a complete wreck when I first got it. Some kid wrapped it around a pole, and it took me close to a year to piece together.

300x300.jpg

Reactions: ford4thot
1 - 20 of 49 Posts