F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't know if any boosters out there watch the Scotty Kilmer channel on YouTube; apparently, we've all bought the wrong truck!

I find a lot of his videos to be informative, but I respectfully disagree with his assessment of the Ecoboost platform.

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw the same video as I do regularly watch his videos. I believe he is wrong with this one. Lots of ecobosst trucks going the distance.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I saw the same video as I do regularly watch his videos. I believe he is wrong with this one. Lots of ecobosst trucks going the distance.
I think he is kind of right. These trucks do have a lot of stuff going on but isn’t that how technology is these days. Sometimes you got to update things. Someone has to step up to that challenge. I do agree with you that we are seeing lots more of these truck going the distance.
You miss spelled Ecoboost and it made me think.
EcoBoss would be a good name for the H.O. Motor.

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
I didn't watch the video. (I gathered enough based on the responses)

But I will agree 100% that as fantastic as these motors are when they are performing within design parameters, those parameters are relying on an incredibly complex number of systems to be in harmony.

It does seem to be more frequent though that folks will report a happy long-term and relatively trouble free Ecoboost ownership. And it rarely, if ever, is attributed to pampering. In fact, often the opposite.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Kilmer comes off like the kinda guy that always has an issue with how you do something. That his way "is always better". I can't stand people like this who are always trying to make themselves feel better by putting down the methods and choices of others.

If he were better at his craft, he would frame the conversation about the pros and cons, rather than assume that people don't want to spend money on their cars. I have spent more on my Ford than any other car I have owned, true, but I also get a grin everytime I drive it. So the whole premise of the video is that cars you have to spend more money on should be avoided. By that logic who would ever buy a Mercedes, Maclaren, Bugatti, Ferarri, Lamborghini, etc. I can guarantee you those people enjoy their vehicle much more than those that could only buy a Corolla.

I think the video misses the point and should be titled, "Cars you should avoid if you want a poor driving experience".

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Scotty Kilmer is annoying.
I didn’t watch this particular video so I might be out of bounds with this comment. I watched a few of his videos years back. The ones where he’d start the video doing a burn out in a Corvette. I have a very hard time listening to him (just his voice annoys me) and haven’t been back. Scotty Killed-Me, so... just beam me up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Scotty does have some good tips out there even though I can't stand to watch him. Using mineral spirits (or acetone) to fix a catalyst out of range issue was one of them. Fixed my Daughter's car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really enjoy most of Scotty’s videos. Even this one which I watched before buying my own. He’s unbiased, interactive and gives good history lessons. Lately he’s had a lot of annoying click bate videos but he has some good ones. He has often said Ford makes the best pickups so It’s certainly not bias. Honestly he’s right people should be aware and cautious of these ecoboosts as nice as they are... they are far more finicky and higher maintenance than the NA V8s we’re accustomed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts