F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I view this site with the last iPad and OS. Lately I’ve been getting a full screen advertisement that just shows a circular arrow and the words “rotate screen to continue”. It moves with the screen so I can’t scroll past it. Going back to an index makes it disappear. I haven’t “rotated” to see what happens. Normal? Scam? Bad coding?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Like this screen cap

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
If you haven’t it might help to go to your Settings, Safari, Advanced and clear all Website Data. You will of course lose your cookies, auto login passwords, etc. I think I’d give that a try.

·
Registered
604 Posts
And that's why I block ads and don't get saddened when sites beg me to disable my ad-blocker for revenue purposes. Between horribly intrusive crap, malvertising, hijacking the browser session, etc., it's not worth it.

·
Administrator
306 Posts
Hey there,

If this is an ad issue we will need the URL it tries to direct you to so we can properly block the unwanted or malicious content. We typically also need a screenshot, device and browser, but you have already provided those here.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused and thanks for allowing ads to display on the site, as they are the thing that, in part, keeps the lights on around here :)

-Gerrit

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn’t seem to be an ad. Just a request to rotate my iPad vertical. I Will play with it a bit more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts