F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have hp numbers on the new revised sct can tunes 87,89, and 93?

Which ones can you tow with?

Sent From The Big Swamp Land!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
They have revisions to their canned tunes? Any idea as of when? I installed their canned 92 a couple weeks back but if there is a better version I best reload!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Make that 93

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U should have the new one if you updated your device. The tune revisions came out in December.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Slight hijack - I have a 3015 that I got from 5 Star and loaded their tunes on it. Are the SCT canned tunes still on the device?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. ..I talked to sct last week.
I wanna say they told me 93 Oct is 85 hp.

The guy said I could tow with 93.

Yes under strategy tune

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'ma have to call then again. .. I think they said 93 Oct is up to 85 hp and u can tow with 93..

Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't have a hp number but I loaded the 93 tune last week why I am waiting on my mpt tunes and I have since raced a hemi callenger a 2013 gmc with the 6.2 and I race a 2004 chevy ss with the 6.0 that has a cam full length headers tune and 4:10 gears and that truck went 14:23 at 100 mph it's a little slow of the line big cam not enough stall but I won all three races beating his truck by about 4 lengths before we raced he wanted to run from a kick after we did the quarter mile he didn't bother lol the hemi I jumped out of the hole by about 2 cars pulled me back in second gear still had it by a fender at 95 when I lifted the car 302probley was going to take me if we had kept going :) and the gmc was bone stock and that 6.2 runs pretty good for stock seems to me my truck pulls hard in first and third but is a little flat in second ??

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was a typo on my part :D

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
December

Sent From The Back of The Pack!

·
Registered
868 Posts
So if the 50hp and 108ftlbs is old then what are the numbers now for canned 93
Mike emailed me and said the custom 91 tune he sent me was better than the canned 93 meaning higher output and better manners

·
Registered
189 Posts
The SCT techs you talk to on the phone say you can tow with all, but Franchi talked to a senior tech who says only the 87 is rated to Max of truck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bumping an old thread.

Anyone know the correct info about towing with the SCT canned tunes? Specifically the 93.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bumping an old thread.

Anyone know the correct info about towing with the SCT canned tunes? Specifically the 93.
Recently got this email when I contacted SCT about preloaded tune compatibility with my '13 EB.

"We do indeed support the 2013 Ecobosot F150! You will have preloaded tunes for 87, 91, and 93 octane (with a Tow option for each on 13/14 Eco F150 models only) with increases up to 82HP/76TQ on 93 octane."

You have to select the tow option at each Octane level to tow safely it'd seem.

Those HP/TQ figures seem inflated a bit, certainly didn't feel like +82hp when I flashed it recently, but it felt pretty good.

I've just switched yesterday to a 93 Performance tune from Unleashed and that's a whole other beast compared to the SCT tune.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine is an 11. I don’t have the tow option.

Sounds like I’ll have call them tomorrow.

Thanks for the help though!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Called SCT. He couldn’t tell me yes or no. Just that maybe I should look at a custom tune for towing or different gears. Lol. Wow.

Also so I mentioned the 13-14 possibly having the tow option and he didn’t see that in his notes either.

Lastly he quoted 74hp and 105tq for the 93 tune but he didn’t have any other numbers for the other octanes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Called SCT. He couldn’t tell me yes or no. Just that maybe I should look at a custom tune for towing or different gears. Lol. Wow.

Also so I mentioned the 13-14 possibly having the tow option and he didn’t see that in his notes either.

Lastly he quoted 74hp and 105tq for the 93 tune but he didn’t have any other numbers for the other octanes.
Yeah their numbers seemed shady to me after trying them out...not bad, but just not what they advertise (probably a reason you have to ask them...they don't really letcha know anywhere in their literature).

Love their hardware and software, and the tunes are well north of Superchips, but don't expect the moon.

I'm on the first revision of Torrie's 93 tune without seeing or feeling a single worrisome thing--in the truck, logs, or otherwise. Already feels twice as good as the SCT 93 tune!

I'd seriously consider looking into custom whether Unleashed, 5*, MPT, LET, etc. as it'll let you really hone in on exactly what you want.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts