F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 3015 tuner, did all the updates but it says "ecu unsupported ". I have tried multiple time and re updated too, but no luck.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I bought a new 3015 tuner, did all the updates but it says "ecu unsupported ". I have tried multiple time and re updated too, but no luck.
What year is your truck? It may have a strategy code that is not yet supported. My advice is to contact SCT's tech support. They'll help you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the same problem... I recently had my F-150 get most recent TSB so I assume that SCT does not support that one yet.

Fortunately I have 5 tunes from 5 Star and they work fine... so if you cant get fix buy you someonse tune perhaps MPT, 5 star or Southern speed. I am sure they are better than the canned tunes anyway.

Good luck

·
Registered
523 Posts
The OEM Ford flash code (Ford calls this strategy) in your trucks PCM is newer than what SCT is aware and has programmed into your tuner. The SCT canned tunes will not work until SCT releases an update that encompasses the new Ford OEM strategy. I would go through the software procedure to update the firmware and software on your 3015 if you haven't done so already. This may resolve your issue.

The custom tuning software the SCT dealers use isn't effected by the Ford strategy code updates for whatever reason.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The SCT OEM canned tunes left a lot to be desired a year ago. Now they are much better. At the level of the custom tuners, likely not. But certainly tolerable and enjoyable over the OEM tune.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year is your truck? It may have a strategy code that is not yet supported. My advice is to contact SCT's tech support. They'll help you.
2013, I had it reflashed because my last tuner was stolen and I went back to stock and bought a new one.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The SCT OEM canned tunes left a lot to be desired a year ago. Now they are much better. At the level of the custom tuners, likely not. But certainly tolerable and enjoyable over the OEM tune.
Have they updated these canned tunes to be better? I have a 3015 for my 2011 eco running the 87 canned tune and I just updated it tonight. I've had it for about a year now. Have they done anything to make these tunes any better?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yes the SCT out of the box tunes tunes are appreciable better now than than they were a year ago. Transmission response is much better. Power and driveablity isn't great, but it's certainly better than stock.

If you've been running a tune for a year. I would suggest returning the truck to stock tune. Updating the firmware and software of the SCT tuner, and then reprogramming your truck with the SCT strategy tune of your liking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts