F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the Gen II LiveLink software to see my 3015 device using Windows Vista on my laptop. I am real proficient with computers and have tried everything. It also seems, by looking at other forums, that this is a hit or miss issue with Vista.

Is anyone using Windows 8 successfully with this software on a laptop?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Works for me. I have the livewire.
Did you go into the device manager and make sure you have the drivers for the 3015. I am sure you do. Also on the desktop right click on livelink genII and make sure you have the check box run as admin selected.

Also what steps are you taking to get everything going.
I have to plug up everything then start the truck then open livelink. If not livelink will not see my livewire.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the drivers and tried running the app as admin, and admin in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I read that as well. My laptop sees the device and says it is working. Neither LiveLink nor the Device Updater software can connect to the device.

I installed the software on my wife's laptop running Windows 7 and everything works perfect. I can also use the device on my desktop. I guess it is time to replace my old laptop.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O you need the SCT 8.1 driver. I have a copy of it on my desktop. Don't ask how I got it. But if you want it let me know.
Yes please. I will send you my email addy via PM.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
SCT's software can be a pain, especially when coupled with Microsoft and its garbage OS. I went through this too when I first got my laptop with 8 on it. I've also had issues with Livelink not being able to launch correctly. Had to do a system restore to get it to work right.

Reactions: Teamfour

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can't get the Gen II LiveLink software to see my 3015 device using Windows Vista on my laptop. I am real proficient with computers and have tried everything. It also seems, by looking at other forums, that this is a hit or miss issue with Vista.

Is anyone using Windows 8 successfully with this software on a laptop?
Out of curiosity, is the device plugged in to your car while you are trying to use it?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Out of curiosity, is the device plugged in to your car while you are trying to use it?
Nope.

The odd thing is, my laptop sees the device when it is plugged into the laptop, and the drivers for both the devise and app are working (even the new drivers posted above).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nope.

The odd thing is, my laptop sees the device when it is plugged into the laptop, and the drivers for both the devise and app are working (even the new drivers posted above).
I've used it on both 32 and 64 versions of Win7 as well as my XP SP2. You've probably already tried this but...When not plugged in to the vehicle, I occasionally have to restart the program and try (edit: try different) USB ports to get it to come up. Can't think of what else it could be, especially if the OS will see the device in the USB tray.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just got a new laptop and it has Windows 8.1

LET I downloaded the file you posted. Now what do do to get it to work?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Also is there a new version of livelink that I need? I just tried to install that and I got an error.
If you install the drivers from the above link and then restart the computer, everything should function as normal. If it doesn't, give me a call, I will be glad to help.

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been dealing with computer problems myself...

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you install the drivers from the above link and then restart the computer, everything should function as normal. If it doesn't, give me a call, I will be glad to help.

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been dealing with computer problems myself...
Yep manually installed them. Restart and still wont work. Thanks for offering assistance. I may take you up on that because I dont get home from work until right before SCT is done for the day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I bought a new laptop yesterday with 8.1. At first the SCT device was not recognized. I went into device manager and found the SCT device and performed a driver update using the zipped files Erick posted. The correct driver was installed an all is good.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yep manually installed them. Restart and still wont work. Thanks for offering assistance. I may take you up on that because I dont get home from work until right before SCT is done for the day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Sounds good, give me a call if you can't get it sorted...

281-787-9691

1 - 20 of 21 Posts