F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wondering if there is anyone here that can help with a few issues that came up after taking the latest update FW#

Just updated my Livewire TS PN#5015 Serial# LT********D07 to FW# 1007000 Tune Version #1.055PLWTS and now I am getting Multiple errors - Program Vehicle Scrreen #11047 & & Vehicle Information SCreen #21301 & Performance Test Screen #10007, There were others but the numbers just duplicated it seems. The Tuner also does not recognise the key now being turned on and or off. I had no issues prior to taking the latest updates to this system. I am just wondering if anyone else has had issues or has any ideas on, What do I need to do to rectify these issues?

IMG_2154.JPG IMG_2157.JPG IMG_2158.JPG 5 26 2014 Device info After update 1.jpg Serial Number 1.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are u able to try updating the device again? Sometimes even the tunes dont take right on an install. It may be worth a try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
look at your livewire cord end the one that plugs into the device make sure one of the pins arent bent over this happened to me i didnt put the plug in square and bent the tab over and had no key power with device. just a suggestion If you find a bent pin use a small pick and bend it back to the other side and should work fine..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are u able to try updating the device again? Sometimes even the tunes dont take right on an install. It may be worth a try.
Tried updating again but since it took the original update when I tried it will not accept the update again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
look at your livewire cord end the one that plugs into the device make sure one of the pins arent bent over this happened to me i didnt put the plug in square and bent the tab over and had no key power with device. just a suggestion If you find a bent pin use a small pick and bend it back to the other side and should work fine..
I had already checked the chord and saw no issues. When I can in this morning from work I thought I would try it again and the following is what it says about my 2013 F150 Lariat Ecoboost

No Longer an F150 Now it says it is a 5.0L Mustang!

As milesej05 stated 2 posts down, I checked and did find it had defaulted back to DEMO Mode!
Thank you sir for this insight but the original faults and codes are still present as shown
in the first post

Mustang.JPG
The Original Vehicle Info and the serial number here was correct. Not Strategy #
ECU Strategy.jpg
Support Info.JPG

I believe it may be time to go away from the SCT but I did submit an request for support on their website yesterday so I will just wait to see what they may say if they ever answer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine did the same thing. The update didn't load correctly. It took a call this morning to SCT tech support. Josh had me fixed in about 10 minutes.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Check to make sure the device is NOT in Demo mode. When I updated my X4 the last time it showed as a 5.0 Mustang as well. Started freaking out so I called Erick at LET and he said make sure it is not in DEMO mode. I guess Mustang 5.0 is factory default on all these devices.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Check to make sure the device is NOT in Demo mode. When I updated my X4 the last time it showed as a 5.0 Mustang as well. Started freaking out so I called Erick at LET and he said make sure it is not in DEMO mode. I guess Mustang 5.0 is factory default on all these devices.

Hope this helps.
Bingo! I see this happen all the time, I bet your device defaulted back to demo mode after the update...Let us know if you don't get it sorted...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing with all the errors. Also it would not let me load any custom tunes. I called SCT and one file was missing from the update and they remote connected to my computer manual uploaded the file and is has worked ever since.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well I am still waiting to hear from SCT Support I emailed them about it as soon as the issue arose and I will let all know what they said and how long it takes them to respond as well!

Mean while I will continue to investigate and try what you are stating!
thanks for all assistance

You were correct as far as getting put into DEMO mode and even though I did turn DEMO back off I am still stuck with all the same faults and error codes as shown in the first Post??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine did the same thing. The update didn't load correctly. It took a call this morning to SCT tech support. Josh had me fixed in about 10 minutes.
Share with us what JOSH did to get you fixed up? Maybe this will help alot of people even if it does not my issue!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Share with us what JOSH did to get you fixed up? Maybe this will help alot of people even if it does not my issue!
I have had them fix mine before but they load a file on your PC to fix it then take it back off and will not explain what they did. Or leave the info and programs on your PC for you. They seam to be very hush hush with it but I will say they do know what they are doing and do take care if you right away

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just called them and Jose also did the repair but what they did was installed 2 different firmware update files to the device to make the reapirs.

Here is what it showed before the repairs

Notice the VBat error and no Vbat version. This was indicator that original Update got fubarred

Support Info.JPG

After Jose worked his magic I had to plug it back into the Truck for the update to actually take place on the device since the voltage to the device would be more stable than through the USB from the PC.

Again all files were removed after work was completed.

So there was no issue with the cable it was a BAD UPDATE to the unit that casued the issue!

So I will reload my Custom Tunes and go from there! Hopefully no further issues but I may proceed with seeking an SCT Livewire TS Replacement device

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had them fix mine before but they load a file on your PC to fix it then take it back off and will not explain what they did. Or leave the info and programs on your PC for you. They seam to be very hush hush with it but I will say they do know what they are doing and do take care if you right away
That's exactly what they did. Works like a charm now.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think I'm having this issue now. I kept getting a general code but finally got it to accept the tune. It kept going back to the main screen, getting stuck or giving me a error code. I never had any issues till now. I did just update the device a few days ago maybe that's where I picked up the issue.... idk I'll look into it.

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!
[email protected] & [email protected]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm having this issue now. I kept getting a general code but finally got it to accept the tune. It kept going back to the main screen, getting stuck or giving me a error code. I never had any issues till now. I did just update the device a few days ago maybe that's where I picked up the issue.... idk I'll look into it.

I would go ahead and detune it you have a tune installed and give them a call and have SCT Tech support check it for you. It cost nothing but a bit of your time and since they reflashed mine this morning all is working as it originally did so I will say they know what they are doing for sure!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts