F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI for all that are interested, I recieved an e-mail from SCT this morning stating they will have their dash pod for '09 - '12 F150's on their wbsite in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sweet. I was fixing to make my own. Can you order them now?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im not sure I want it there or not. I'll have to think about it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
"Im not sure I want it there or not. I'll have to think about it."

I agree...drilling holes in the dash, One would think they could find a way to mount in driver side pillar or in an A/C vent

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was going to fab a mount on the left of the steering wheel above the ac vent. The cord the tucks inside the weatherstrip out of sight. I guess i'll still do this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Although I agree I am not sure I like this location it looks to me that there is no drilling. The screws look longer and to replace the ones in the factory location. I could be wrong, in fact if you ask my wife she will say without a doubt I'm wrong.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is my homemade mount. I got the idea on another forum.
I'm curious on how you got it mounted like that? Can you take a pic from the back and also tell us what you used? Thanks, I'm on the fence on buying the livewire due to it not having the ability to use the stage3mps pod that attaches with 3m tape/velcro and looks OEM to the dash. Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
The back is a simple piece of thin sheet metal. I bent a hook on the bottom that goes behind the dash piece. I popped the dash set it behind it, and popped the dash piece back in. The back of the holder for the Livewire has a large plastic nut that holds it to the suction cup mount. I drilled a hole large enough for the threads to go through and put the nut on it. The cable is ran inside the weatherstrip.I used this thread for reference. SCT livewire ts install - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
MRTBoost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing