F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a livewire ts as a gauge only. If so how do you like or not like it. My truck is brand new and I don't want to void the warranty by using a tune. I'm sure just using it as a gauge wouldn't void my warranty.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does anyone use a livewire ts as a gauge only. If so how do you like or not like it. My truck is brand new and I don't want to void the warranty by using a tune. I'm sure just using it as a gauge wouldn't void my warranty.
I spoke with my local dealer today and they suggested I use EDGE tuner or something I can plug and play. I was shocked he suggested programming my truck. I was asking him about warranty and programming and he said the plug and play programmers are safest and can be removed and set back to stock. I asked him about what happens if the tune f'd my tranny or engine and he said. I've been doing this for many many years and haven't had one issue with reputable programmer and the ecoboost was able to Handle at least another 200 horse and torque. Just passing it on. Do what u will and all dealers are obvi different. I've decided to go ahead and figure out either the Livernois or SCT. Can't wait !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke with my local dealer today and they suggested I use EDGE tuner or something I can plug and play. I was shocked he suggested programming my truck. I was asking him about warranty and programming and he said the plug and play programmers are safest and can be removed and set back to stock. I asked him about what happens if the tune f'd my tranny or engine and he said. I've been doing this for many many years and haven't had one issue with reputable programmer and the ecoboost was able to Handle at least another 200 horse and torque. Just passing it on. Do what u will and all dealers are obvi different. I've decided to go ahead and figure out either the Livernois or SCT. Can't wait !!
Well I called my dealer today and am waiting for a service manager to give me a call to see what I can use that won't void the warranty. I'm sure the motor can handle more but I still don't want to take a chance I only have 298 miles on the odometer haha.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well I called my dealer today and am waiting for a service manager to give me a call to see what I can use that won't void the warranty. I'm sure the motor can handle more but I still don't want to take a chance I only have 298 miles on the odometer haha.
Well basically nothing voids your warranty.. unless ur engine blows and they can prove the tune blew ur engine. The tech I spoke with was very knowledgable and basically said if u get a good one they no problem just return to stock and don't go nuts with tunes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like the look of the the livewire better I would prefer to use that over the edge.
Yeah I've never heard of edge. I'm Thinkn live wire from stage3motorsports or SoCal or MPT. I guess I just need to figure out who does the best for everyday driving mostly around town..very little Highway but want it to be able to scream when I do get on the highway. Suggestions ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You should read the Magnuson-Moss Act to protect comsumers and warranties. Simplistic view is the manufacture has to "prove" it was caused by aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Livernois is a good tune and safe. Drives like stock except shifting is better. Dealer could probably take for a test ride and never even know it. Put your foot completely to the floor and whole new truck like wow where did that come from? I swear they have something in their tunes that knows when you floor it you mean business if your just going about your daily business it's like a ghost,lol.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
You should read the Magnuson-Moss Act to protect comsumers and warranties. Simplistic view is the manufacture has to "prove" it was caused by aftermarket parts.
Complicated view is, you will probably need to hire a lawyer.

Reality ... it's generally not the tune or modification that is the cause of the problem, it's the way you were driving it at the time of the malfunction. And stock or modified, it's the same ... they claim "abuse".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts