F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gauges are you running, what is needed? I'm doing boost and IAT(intake air temp), anything else needed? And can u download different gauge backgrounds? I'm running the 5 star 93 performance tune, and loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
boost, rpm, IAT, and knock

·
Registered
335 Posts
Knock is your worst ememy.. That is detontion in the cylider at the wrong time. There is plenty of info about it on the net.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking
dont fell like a retard you just didnt know.. Now you know
knock can come from to much timing, to much boost, not right octane of fuel, bad knock sensor etc etc

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what do I click on the gauge selection to watch the timing or whatever I gotta look at for the knock? And I don't see egt selection either

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
i forget what the selection is to monitor it, and unfortunately I can't walk outside to check it. (In Singapore for work)

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
lol I wish I did!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I look in there and there's nothing about Knock, the gauges I get to choose are 08 ford gas and up, is there an ecoboost section I need to download or something?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I see that there are many different gauge set ups. How do you pick and choose the exact ones you want and where you want them??

·
Registered
187 Posts
The 08+ doesn't have knock. You will have to make your own configuration file using the Livelink software to add it. Be aware that in the 08+ file you can read boost in psi but if you make your own new one boost will be shown in KPA. If you don't know how to make your own config file go over to the Southern Speed Inc website, and under Technical you can download a config already made for the ecoboost.

I also monitor A/F ratio on mine. As far as EGT's go you can't monitor that unless you buy an external probe and drill and tap your exhaust manifold to install it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i have the edge i was wondering the samething right now i have Coolant temp, engine load. accelerator pedal persure, boost. i have the abilty to see up to 8 gagues i have to knock sensors i monitor but i dont know what i was looking at so I'm not using it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 08+ doesn't have knock. You will have to make your own configuration file using the Livelink software to add it. Be aware that in the 08+ file you can read boost in psi but if you make your own new one boost will be shown in KPA. If you don't know how to make your own config file go over to the Southern Speed Inc website, and under Technical you can download a config already made for the ecoboost.

I also monitor A/F ratio on mine. As far as EGT's go you can't monitor that unless you buy an external probe and drill and tap your exhaust manifold to install it.
I'm looking for that can't find it

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry the forum didn't send me a email that you had responded to the thread.

Login

1 - 19 of 19 Posts