F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this for sometime now and maybe there might be some interest with what's been going on!

The idea is to create a group/forum of Ecoboost owners that have the Pro Racer software package and share tune settings. These would be tunes that are created by the group and posted for everyone to try. Obviously the settings would be generic and each user would need to input them into their specific tune. A data log would need to be supplied with the posted tune so everyone would have a chance to see if it was something they wanted to try. The software costs $350 but I'm sure a group buy would help with the cost! I know there will be those who say how dangerous it is to tune your own vehicle. And they are right, it can be dangerous. I think there are enough smart people here who can help get some safe base tunes out for everyone to use and tweak!

I know there are a lot of passionate guys who would love to tune their own truck but just don't have the confidence or know how to get started! I'm one of those guys! I've helped build and tune muscle cars for years and have used canned tunes on a mustang I owned so I do have some background. I think I will buy the pro racer software and take the time to learn but it sure would be nice to have a few people to bounce ideas off of!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I know Grim would be interested! Me too!

Boost safe Boost hard eH

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It'd be awesome to know how to do this!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am 100% for the idea. Now this wont be for everyone sure.

Since I already had the pro racer software for my Mustangs I paid the extra $100 to tune my F150. SCT gives you a 87 octane value file to start with for the ecoboost. I have only been messing with it for a few days but the value file seems like a decent starting point. I have mostly been woking on transmission shift points and converter lock-up so far. I am a little to scared to mess with much else at this point. I am going to do some WOT data logs when the weather breaks and see where I am at.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
BTT for my homie Grim :)

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Who says homie, anymore.
By the way, sweet truck!
You are just jealous that you don't have what Grim and I have

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well if anyone is going to blow up my truck it might as well be me, I'd be in for this.

Reactions: Raiderfan1890
1 - 13 of 13 Posts