F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out the SCT SF3 performance tuner for the Ecoboost? I'm interested in any pros and cons of the three preloaded tune setups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2011 fx4 4x4 with Bilenstine shocks 35 in Toyo M/S tires , SCT 3015 Programmer. I love it
Now looking for Air intake & Ehaust that performs & sounds good. Any info

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cjw1962

I have 2011 fx4 4x4 with Bilenstine shocks 35 in Toyo M/S tires , SCT 3015 Programmer. I love it
After looking and alot of thinking I went with the Corsa exhaust with the dual tips the exits in the stock exhaust location. It fit like a glove very well built sounds great and took less then 1 hour to install it cost more then some other exhaust out there but the quality was there. I also installed an Airrade cold air box using the stock tube. So far prformance wise thats all I have done a tunner is next just need to decide which one.

CJW1962

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Welcome to the forum CJW! That's the same exhaust I've been eyeballing for some time now. How's the sound in the cabin? Is it much louder then stock?

After looking and alot of thinking I went with the Corsa exhaust with the dual tips the exits in the stock exhaust location. It fit like a glove very well built sounds great and took less then 1 hour to install it cost more then some other exhaust out there but the quality was there. I also installed an Airrade cold air box using the stock tube. So far prformance wise thats all I have done a tunner is next just need to decide which one.

CJW1962

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've used the SCT tuner on my Focus ST and the results were incredible! Any particular reason why you chose the SCT over the others?

·
Registered
3 Posts
SCT Tuner

I've used the SCT tuner on my Focus ST and the results were incredible! Any particular reason why you chose the SCT over the others?
I have a Superchip one on my 2000 F350 & found that the sct used more info to tune right down to tire size IE revs per mile etc, plus local Ford dealer sugested the SCT as they have no complaints on it & have sold a few. Reminds me of that seat sinking feeling of my `67 Mustang GTA notchback from the 70`s!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have used all the major brands of tuners and have ultimately been the most impressed with the performance of the SCT Livewire. The power gains have been just awesome and the driveabilty is excellent. I tow a 16' enclosed trailer loaded with bikes regularly and it doesn't even know its back there... Not to mention i can put 4 truck lengths on my buddies 2013 Raptor. ;-) SCT Part number 5015 - conservatively 50 RWHP / 108 lbsTQ. (Run a Fitch fuel catalyst unit and you can run the 91 octane tune on 87 octane with ZERO issues).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
What Ford Dealer?

I have a Superchip one on my 2000 F350 & found that the sct used more info to tune right down to tire size IE revs per mile etc, plus local Ford dealer sugested the SCT as they have no complaints on it & have sold a few. Reminds me of that seat sinking feeling of my `67 Mustang GTA notchback from the 70`s!!
I was wondering what dealer was recommending/selling the SCT programmer. I called my dealer and after a few call forwards was told the programmer would void warranties.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have used all the major brands of tuners and have ultimately been the most impressed with the performance of the SCT Livewire. The power gains have been just awesome and the driveabilty is excellent. I tow a 16' enclosed trailer loaded with bikes regularly and it doesn't even know its back there... Not to mention i can put 4 truck lengths on my buddies 2013 Raptor. ;-) SCT Part number 5015 - conservatively 50 RWHP / 108 lbsTQ. (Run a Fitch fuel catalyst unit and you can run the 91 octane tune on 87 octane with ZERO issues).
What does the Fitch Fuel catalyst do? I've never heard of one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tuner

Check out the tuners at Livernois Motor Sport they are the bomb. They are set up with all the options your truck has and they have the ability to save your factory program and also to reinstall it. Its basically a custom program made for your truck and it's options. Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
With the SCT tuner, Do you have to run a higher octane fuel or can you still run 87? I'm looking to get one when I put an exhaust an CAI on and wondering if that's the right move for me (wont be doing anything for a little while, want to get some miles in while stock to be able to have something to compare it to). Im not looking to make my truck into a street racer or anything, just open it up and let it breath a little more. Im hoping that with the exhaust, CAI and proper tune I may be able to increase my fuel mileage a bit (If i can keep my foot off the gas that is) Is this a realistic expectation?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I heard you could also use a sct x3. Is this true, and what would the advantages be over the sf3 other than 3 canned tunes? Don't know if i should create another thread or ask here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I heard you could also use a sct x3. Is this true, and what would the advantages be over the sf3 other than 3 canned tunes? Don't know if i should create another thread or ask here.
I may be wrong BUT i believe the only differenace in the two is the that the SF3 comes with the three canned tunes.... at least thats the only differance listed on SCT's website...

·
Registered
14 Posts
So if i get a sf3, Ill have 6 maps instead of the 3 offered on the X3?
Due to me asking, I was thinking about getting a used one from a mustang that was unmarried, and going to get a couple tunes on it to my liking.

I sent pictures to your AOL e-mail on 2/25/13 of my F-150 with the Raptor tires and rims did you get them?
I did see that. Thank you. I will be doing the same.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I loaded my SCT SF3 87 octane tune for the first time a couple days ago. Very impressed with it initially, but today it seemed almost like the truck returned to stock performance. Not as quick off the line and has that stock lag in the throttle response again. Anybody else notice this with their truck?

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I loaded my SCT SF3 87 octane tune for the first time a couple days ago. Very impressed with it initially, but today it seemed almost like the truck returned to stock performance. Not as quick off the line and has that stock lag in the throttle response again. Anybody else notice this with their truck?
I just got the SF3, loaded the canned 87 tune and it is SO much better than the Livernois 87 tune. Then went to the 91 tune and it was good, but 87 is what I want so I can run any octane (always premium for towing). Just reloaded the 87 today and really drove it. It is really a kick butt tune. And sold my Livernois tuner.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
21 Participants
SkiSmuggs
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing