F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to return my truck to stock before I plug my device into the computer and do updates on my SCT 3015 device?

Sent from my phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
yes..

·
Registered
189 Posts
It may depend on what the update is for. I used to get a message telling me to return to stock prior to the update. I haven't seen that in the past few months and haven't returned to stock the last couple of updates. There is now a Delete Custom Tunes button on the Load Custom Tunes section of the Updater that will clear all custom tunes. Then I returned my truck to stock to try the canned 87 tune (I hadn't run the canned tune since July) and it seemed a lot stronger than I remembered it. Not a custom tune by any means, but way better than stock.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It may depend on what the update is for. I used to get a message telling me to return to stock prior to the update. I haven't seen that in the past few months and haven't returned to stock the last couple of updates. There is now a Delete Custom Tunes button on the Load Custom Tunes section of the Updater that will clear all custom tunes. Then I returned my truck to stock to try the canned 87 tune (I hadn't run the canned tune since July) and it seemed a lot stronger than I remembered it. Not a custom tune by any means, but way better than stock.
Ya I just run the 87 canned tune and it's fine for my needs. Not to say I wouldn't like to try a custom tune.

Performance Mods.
S&B cai
Fullrace resonated exhaust
AFE chargepipe
SCT 87 canned tune with 91 octane fuel.

Sent from my phablet using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts