F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I took my truck to the tuner to have it programmed. I listed all the mods done:

aFe cold air, MAK 3" downpipes, Heartthrob 4" cat back exhaust

He asked what I gapped my plugs to, and I gave him a deer in the headlights look. He explained that I needed to install new plugs and widen the gap to .028-.032.

This is the first I had seen about redoing the plugs, my question is: Is there anything else that I need to take into consideration before he re-tunes and adds boost?

2012 FX4 SCREW Ecoboost 35k miles

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Tonight I took my truck to the tuner to have it programmed. I listed all the mods done:

aFe cold air, MAK 3" downpipes, Heartthrob 4" cat back exhaust

He asked what I gapped my plugs to, and I gave him a deer in the headlights look. He explained that I needed to install new plugs and widen the gap to .028-.032.

This is the first I had seen about redoing the plugs, my question is: Is there anything else that I need to take into consideration before he re-tunes and adds boost?

2012 FX4 SCREW Ecoboost 35k miles
If you're getting a tune, I wouldn't go above 0.030", I run mine at 0.026"-0.028"

If you're getting a higher octane tune, be sure to have run at least one full tank of that octane...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running a 93 octane tune, and have been running 93 in the truck for months now.

Is there anything else that should be swapped out? Trying to look at all angles now without any more surprises

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, did anyone else have problems with Sync, or the backup camera?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts