F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2013 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up an unmarried SCT X4.
Have hooked to truck. Originally I was able to ID truck and was able to change to 91 or tow. Not sure what happened. I now get a “truck is married” error. So here’s some questions. Not sure what happened.
Loaded canned tune. 91 Performance.
After having issues I scrolled through menus. I saw the Demo option. I think I may have changed that and that’s when problems arose.
I am bummed but trying to work through this.
Do I update the tuner and pay 150 to unlock the married status? Is there something I am missing?
On my PC I exported my stock tune(I think).
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a BDX vs X4 but I believe the tuner stays "married" to that vin unless you load the stock tune back. That shouldn't affect your choices to load custom or different tunes.
it just means you cannot use it on another vehicle while married to yours. Someone with a X4 may have better advice.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That in lies the issue. When I try to load the stock tune back it gives me the error “Married to another vehicle” even though it’s never been on another truck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is extremely peculiar.
I missunderstood the problem at first.
Genuinely have no idea thats very odd.

·
Registered
2013 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s a circle. Just does the same thing. When in Demo I can see my truck but can’t add or change any of the options. 87/91/tow

·
Registered
2013 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All was not lost. Seller of the X4 had his truck married. Was able to unlock and now am sitting with stock tunes. 87 87 Tow 91 tow 91 performance. Gonna settle in with it and let it do some logging. Was able to hit 16.5 boost. Tells me somethings working. Throttle at the 91 tune is aggressive at the top end but not the low end. Makes me wonder if my truck had been programmed before. Hmmmm. Been doing some reading. Gonna look for a good tow tune. Looks like 5 Star and a couple others offer. I’ll log towing data this weekend. I’ll be under a 9k load.
Thanks all for the responses!

·
Registered
2013 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. What a difference in 91 Tow programming. Shift points are gonna take some getting use to. Looooooongggg 2nd gear. But lugs in 5th. So my foot has to make adjustments. I pulled my usually trans push temperature (220-245) hill and even though it wanted to be in 2nd, RPMs screaming and 15lbs of boost, temps didn’t really change temps. 221 on the top of that hill.
But I do have an issue. My tach now is 800-1000 RPms off. I put money on that damn reset that the cluster gets during programming. I did the engineers reset and still lost the gauge needle. Thoughts?
Oh. Just camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes. And tried with out. That had me wondering too. When you run the 91 Tow is it straight set up or is it implement when using the tow button? Also, don’t like not having the engine braking like I have in stock tow mode. It works but not like stock.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
The only difference between 91 tow / 91 performance is that it makes slightly less power and less boost. Transmission side they are identical. SCT just leaves the T/H mode completely stock so that it can be used.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are we sure about that? I thought boostking who works tuning for SCT said they are different and have more agressive knock sensing and pulls timing faster. Figured he knows since he works releasing them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didn't know he'd moved on. Thanks for the heads up. I don't need anything atm as I currently enjoying a SCT BDX with a 5* 93 performance tune.
Still pretty happy with it. Gotta try the 5* adaptive octane tune I also purchased next.
But I'll keep him in mind for future tune needs!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts