F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated the SCT device 3 days ago before I loaded the canned tune, ran that for a few days and decided I wanted to go back to Ericks LET tune. So, I plugged it in and went about it and it seemed to load fine. An hour or so later I go to hop in and start my truck, nothing. So I panicked and immediately plugged in the tuner to return it to stock and it wouldn't let me. So I turn the key off and try again and the truck starts throwing messages like crazy and the tuner still wouldn't recognize that the key was turned oñ so wouldn't let me return to stock. Tried to see if the tuner would read any codes and it gave me error code #21000. Can't even get ahold of SCT support as they are closed on weekends. Also tried disconnecting the battery and it didnt change anything. If anybody could give me any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Plug SCT back in. Go to vehicle settings. Or where you would read vehicle info. Is it married?

Then go to code reader setting. What does it say?

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
did you return to stock when switching tunes?

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the truck is parked somewhere else now I dont have access to it at the moment. However, I did return it to stock before swapping tunes. I have changed tunes probably 20 times and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sct has an emergency 24/7 hot line

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plug SCT back in. Go to vehicle settings. Or where you would read vehicle info. Is it married?

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a RED.org smart case using an app called Tapatalky
The code reader setting gave me error code #21000 and #21301 the second time I tried.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a RED.org smart case using an app called Tapatalky
Looked in device settings while plugged into computer and it says the device is currently married.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had the same thing happen to my 13 SCREW. SCT should send you as built for your truck to put it back to stock. Software glitch I was told.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you saved the stock tune on your PC it will make it easier for them to repair it,if you didn't save your stock tune before make sure you do after the repair,sometimes they can't fix it and you need to have towed to ford and they have to flash the computer with new tune and code,I have heard it isn't cheap,I was lucky I had saved my stock tune on my computer

·
Registered
280 Posts
These SCT devices seem glitchy, makes me nervous about getting one. I suppose it's best to not change it very often.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
These SCT devices seem glitchy, makes me nervous about getting one. I suppose it's best to not change it very often.
It's like windows vista or an apple product. When it works. It's the best ! Just gotta get through growing pains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
2Canches
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing